PUP in stock at Wally World but ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
They learn pricing from Walmart Canada or something?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
They learn pricing from Walmart Canada or something?
wink.gif

Maybe someone did screw up and the PUP price was meant for Canadians, not Americans.

Originally Posted By: lonestar
Here is the link. As you can see it says, "Sold and Shipped by Walmart". Not a 3rd party of the like. Walmart's price, at least yesterday and today is $53.71. 10W30 is $0.05 more today.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Ultra-Platinum-Full-Synthetic-5W30-Motor-Oil-5-qt/55291206

Good lord you're right!! And my Walmart right up the road shows to have it in stock. I'm going to swing by there tomorrow and have them do a price check.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Maybe someone did screw up and the PUP price was meant for Canadians, not Americans.

It so resembles a normal Canadian retail price that it's spooky.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Here is the link. As you can see it says, "Sold and Shipped by Walmart". Not a 3rd party of the like. Walmart's price, at least yesterday and today is $53.71. 10W30 is $0.05 more today.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Ultra-Platinum-Full-Synthetic-5W30-Motor-Oil-5-qt/55291206

Good lord you're right!! And my Walmart right up the road shows to have it in stock. I'm going to swing by there tomorrow and have them do a price check.

They really should get their act together. I've seen this nonsense with them from time to time, and it really can turn people off who are willing to have to order it online. Pennzoil has an active presence here, I wonder if they read the replies to these threads and get an idea of how the members feel about how their products are sold and marketed.

PRICE INCREASE.... now PUP 5W30 in the 5 qt jug is $54.18.

Have you been able to replicate this price anywhere else but this link?? I don't show this available at any other Wal Mart location which usually have the older bottles just showing as out of stock. Maybe it's the time I spent in order management, but I'd hesitate to call it a price increase if there's just the one reference to it. I would probably view it as an anomaly unless this price was universal and throughout their system...which it doesn't seem to be.

I maybe wrong here, but from my experience it's not uncommon to have inventory / quantity / pricing anomalies on systems when products are discontinued and/or the system is loading new product skus. I don't know if the new Ultra bottles / distribution reflect that but I would think it's a possibility here unless this shows as a universal price. I remember situations in the past where if I tried to order something like that it would revert to "out of stock" and wouldn't fulfill the order.

I have gone so far as to add the product to my cart and then increased quanty to 2 jugs and added 2 1qt bottles. No message of being out of stock. This was for the 5w30. The price did not change from what I have reported thus I closed the order. I am sure the price will be lowered sooner or later unless Walmart is simply increasing the price. My problem is I need to change the oil in my vehicles soon but I will not pay prices for PUP that is close or more than boutique oils. PUP is good but not that good IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back