Cut Open: Beck/Arnley(?) 8072

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was on my NSX when I bought it. I think it's a Beck/Arnley filter. Unknown miles.

zQCCF1i.jpg

JgVHDb0.jpg

bZBQVf5.jpg

RKfZyOz.jpg

3L70Dm7.jpg

5Y7OQuG.jpg

dnXmwiQ.jpg

oe4HNBl.jpg

3yPuLLa.jpg

I'm not thrilled to find a non-Honda filter on the car, but this filter looks pretty well made, so I'm not overly concerned. I put the proper Honda filter for the NSX back on the car.

robert

The S. Korean filters (Parts Plus, Etc.) seem to hold up well.

I wonder what the filtration efficiency is on them (generally)

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Aside for a little sloppy gluing, looks good. Wonder how well it actually filters?

Yeah, the glue was definitely ugly. There was actually a big blob of it in the center of the filter. Didn't seem to impact anything, but still, not great. No idea how it filters. Thankfully, it was probably only run a few thousand miles.

robert

why have an expensive car and put cheap questionable parts on it? Even if it was ok like this one, why risk it? Makes no sense to me.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
why have an expensive car and put cheap questionable parts on it? Even if it was ok like this one, why risk it? Makes no sense to me.

Some people just don't know. The previous owner is a friend of mine and put lots and lots of money in very high quality parts into the car. I can't explain the oil filter, though, except that a lot of people just don't think much of it. Honda specs a very specific filter for the NSX and the S2000 (two different filters, one application for each of them) so that's what I use on each of them. On the flip side, I really doubt there's a measurable difference between this and the OEM filter.

robert

It looks ok with unknown fci. Straight pleating for those that appreciate that. Though not a big deal to me could see where some filter brands might get flogged for the excess potting material.

'If' this is a B/A filter (google would seem to indicate), after the B/A for BMW cartridge posted here not long ago which was almost certainly a rebranded Fram cartridge with China coo, at least when it comes to their oil filters, can't say I'm especially impressed with their supply chain.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back