SuperTech motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome2.gif

There is nothing wrong with it. ST is as good as any other conventional oil, and it is made by different suppliers depending on region. You can usually tell by the shape of the bottle and/or the markings on the bottom of it.

What kind of car do you have and what are your driving conditions?

Super Tech is often made by Warren Oil or Citgo, depending on grade and region. Regardless, it is excellent oil.

Originally Posted By: LuckyStrike
Any thoughts on SuperTech motor oil?

How about you, do you have any thoughts on ST oil?

You get what you pay for from cheap oil and filters.

I always stick to major brand engine oil companies, partly because you know who has made the oil and that they do not make changes to its mix without changing the PDS, although such changes are rare.

Not a thing wrong with ST oil as a reputable blender blends it. API SN so good enough. Name brands are just that.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
API approved; enough said.

So do you think they check on an oils contents and performance after initial certification ??

Acea oddly enough are worse than API in enforcement terms, as its a self certification game. Their limits are slightly better due to race track use along what the Germans call an autobahn, but they are hopeless at enforcing any type of standards.
That's one big reason I stick to major brand oils only.

Last edited:
Good, keep paying more for your "name brands" then

I'll take dNewton3's UOA's and wealth of info over misinformation and someone's pride anyday

It's a Acura RSX gets driven like I was a grandma. Very short trips, six miles max.

With that kind of usage, it'd probably be safest to stick to a "severe service" oil change interval, particularly with a solid but unremarkable oil like ST...persistent short tripping can be hard on the oil.
Just my two cents, and I tend to be a bit conservative.

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
API approved; enough said.

So do you think they check on an oils contents and performance after initial certification ??

Acea oddly enough are worse than API in enforcement terms, as its a self certification game. Their limits are slightly better due to race track use along what the Germans call an autobahn, but they are hopeless at enforcing any type of standards.
That's one big reason I stick to major brand oils only.

Considering ST is made by either WPP or CITGO, the idea of this oil not meeting spec is after it's been certificated is of little to no concern.

I always stick to major brand engine oil companies, partly because you know who has made the oil and that they do not make changes to its mix without changing the PDS, although such changes are rare.

Your concerns are valid, but not applicable with SuperTech.

Anyone know the current manufacturers of the SuperTech oil filters?

I continue to use them, based on the notion from a few years ago that Champion Labs made them. But I may not be remembering that correctly.

Originally Posted By: Dumc87

I continue to use them, based on the notion from a few years ago that Champion Labs made them. But I may not be remembering that correctly.

Wix makes them now and the build quality is very good.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

I looked at one the other day..looks to be the exact same as a Napa Proselect.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Awesome! That's good to hear.

Define "Cheap oil".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back