Rolling 2016 Crosstrek off ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to roll my Crosstrek down off the ramps without starting. It has no key, pushbutton start.

I could not move the shifter until engine was started. Even with foot on brake.

I always start my engine, because my Rhino Ramps have a flat top you have to get down from.
Are you talking about somebody pushing the car to roll down the ramps while you stand on the brakes?
Just put oil in it and start on the ramps.

Why the ramps? I was able to slide under enough for oil changes and whatnot with my 2014 XV Crosstrek. Same with the 2016 Forester.

I roll mine out of the garage all the time by hand. Took me a minute to figure out the 2 pushed on the start button with no foot on the break. No ramp bashing, I'm barely fat and I don't fit under 8.3" of ground clearance at all, I do have about 50% larger than average lung capacity. And no I don't look weird!

Originally Posted By: JTK
Why the ramps? I was able to slide under enough for oil changes and whatnot with my 2014 XV Crosstrek. Same with the 2016 Forester.

I changed the oil and installed a Fumoto valve. But I put it on ramps after that so I could get a good look at the Fumoto valve and tighten it properly.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Did you lock the fumoto valve with a hose clamp or similar?

Maybe on an off roading Trailhawk. Not needed on a Subaru if you have the black Fumoto locking clip. And if you have to remove a hose clamp each time, why bother with a Fumoto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back