4T65E, which filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin at the AC Delco professional - comments on Amazon reveal it's now made in China garbage.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I'm getting so sick and tired of auto parts lately. I know the stuff at the parts store is complete [censored], but now many name brand OEM style parts are garbage.

So which filter should I get that will not fail, will seal tight etc.???

Here is the AC Delco professional which I would have thought would be the best.

Filter

Thanks

Thanks Memphis, I was hoping you'd chime in.

I can get the Delco with 2 day prime shipping; even though it's made in China, is it still a good filter?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Thanks Memphis, I was hoping you'd chime in.

I can get the Delco with 2 day prime shipping; even though it's made in China, is it still a good filter?

The delco is made to the Chinese specs, it's the best fitting of the ones from China as I understand but doesn't fit as firmly as the Allomatic.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
No the ATP is China too. You need the Allomatic, available at triple edge websites or under the Napa brand

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4037538
"The ATP filters I have got from NAPA have all been USA"
"i got a napa atp filter last week for my 4l60e it said made in the usa"

So what's changed then? ATP and Amazon both list the country of origin as USA.

If it's truly a made in the USA atp it should be good. It was my understanding that Napa was repackaging allomatic filters.

It's entirely possible that Amazon isn't listing the correct COO, but you won't know until you have it in hand.

So the OE gasket should still be good and reusable???

Thanks for all the help fellas. This is what makes BITOG the best automotive site ever.
10.gif

Yeah the oem gasket should be good, I cleaned mine off with a rag soaked in New atf

The oem gasket should be a stiff rubber. If it's floppy it's been replaced.

Ruh Roe, the Napa says it's Allomatic, but it has an ATP part number that goes back to the one Ramblejam posted:

Don't go off of part numbers, sometimes they steal each others' catalogs to make interchange easier.

Ever see a brake rotor or tie rod end with like 4 different P/Ns on the box?

Yeah because even SPX Filtran is made in China which is what the dealer will give you iirc, it's a good filter but when they made Filtran in the USA it was as good as the Allomatic, now unless you find NOS the Allomatic is the last USA manufacturer available for the 4t65e and is available through Napa or certain websites like triple edge

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The OEM gasket is a rubber coated steel shim. Fairly thick and has plastic grommets for the bolt holes.

Thanks Merk

Just got the filter from Napa. Napa Platinum. Made by Balkamp for Napa in Taiwan and looks exactly like the ATP filter above. I don't think it's the Allomatic.

Should I go for it???

Just got the filter from Napa. Napa Platinum. Made by Balkamp for Napa in Taiwan and looks exactly like the ATP filter above. I don't think it's the Allomatic.

Should I go for it???

This is what I found for my Alero with the 4T45E. The Napa Platinum filter said Allomatic online, but the product at the store was Balkamp for Allomatic and yes, made in Taiwan. My car just had its 150k mile ATF pan drop and filter change (the first since factory). Great so far.

I've been using the Autozone filters. Made in China now, used to be Taiwan. Just put one on last fall, the fit was fine. I have a garage full of trans gaskets. My 05 came with a reusable stiff one. When you change these make sure you upgrade the magnets. Really helps keep the Solonids from future problems. Takes two round ones now as specified in the TSB. Available at Home depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back