2007 Ford Fusion 200,000K evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fusion turned 200K today. This car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I change oil every 10K using M1 0-20AFE, and the engine uses no oil between changes. Engine and trans(drain and fill every 30K with M1 ATF) perform as well now as when I bought the car with 38K. Few parts have been replaced. No rattles and car handles very well.

Parts:
2 water pumps
Front and rear brake pads
Only suspension parts replaced was one front strut
One air pump and one sensor for fuel evap system
Replaced one panel on the front drivers seat
Replaced the accessory belt and tensioner pulley
Replaced the engine coolant thermostat
Replaced a sensor for the AC
Replaced the VC gasket

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1

What does this mean? Fabric? How did you replace it?

The Fusion turned 200K today. This car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I change oil every 10K using M1 0-20AFE, and the engine uses no oil between changes. Engine and trans(drain and fill every 30K with M1 ATF) perform as well now as when I bought the car with 38K. Few parts have been replaced. No rattles and car handles very well.

Parts:
2 water pumps
Replaced the VC gasket

what is the VC gasket ? can you be more specific on the panel ?

I have the same car, what is the gas millage ?

The Fusion turned 200K today. This car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I change oil every 10K using M1 0-20AFE, and the engine uses no oil between changes. Engine and trans(drain and fill every 30K with M1 ATF)

tig, surely you must tell us the secret engine drain n fill every 30k with automatic transmission fluid that you've been doing all these years. Seems to be working well for you and I'd like to maybe implement it into my maintenance routine as well. I want my beater to make it to 200k like yours...
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif
lol.gif
27.gif

2007 fusion se 2.3l/5sp slushbox
240-250k range, 26k at purchase.

List of repairs/parts:
1) drain tube (a/c)
2) 2 batteries
3) smog pump
4) thermostat and make-up (partial FF)
5) 4 sparkplugs

Maintenance:
1) Dealer oil package
mobil dino bulk 5w-20 and mobil filter
5-12.5k on services, no uoa's

2) many front pads/rotors
2 set rear pads/factory rotors

3) many tires

Thats it, factory steering / ac / suspension / fuel system / atf / heating

harvey

Tig - I'm kind of surprised at the two water pumps - other than that, impressive. I'm guessing you replaced the plugs at least once. How much longer do you plan to keep it - 300K?

One water pump would not be unusual - we arbitrarily changed one on 3.5L Mopar while doing the timing belt - figured that was $100 incremental shooting for another 100k on top of the 100k at the time ... that's how PM works ...

These cars seems to be reliable! 251K on my family's 09 Fusion V6 and repairs have been minimal for the miles. It was a shame that the car was almost a total loss when 2 years old but I saved it.

Ford apparently got this car just right.
This is a real testament to the quality of Ford's US offerings. I doubt that any car from any maker would have done better.
It's also hard to argue with your use of M1 AFE. While I've chided you in various threads about M1 versus other brands, it's clear that the oil has performed well for you on longish drains.
How long will you keep this old dear?

Didn't Ford market this car to compete with the Camry and Accord? They did a good job for once IMO.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond

What does this mean? Fabric? How did you replace it?

Yes, the first panel on the bottom of the seat. $120 at an upholstery shop.

Originally Posted By: sirgerman

Parts:
2 water pumps
Replaced the VC gasket

what is the VC gasket ? can you be more specific on the panel ?

I have the same car, what is the gas millage ?

Valve Cover gasket. This is the 2.4 I4. I get about 24-26 local and about 31-
33 Interstate.

Originally Posted By: Artem
The Fusion turned 200K today. This car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I change oil every 10K using M1 0-20AFE, and the engine uses no oil between changes. Engine and trans(drain and fill every 30K with M1 ATF)

tig, surely you must tell us the secret engine drain n fill every 30k with automatic transmission fluid that you've been doing all these years. Seems to be working well for you and I'd like to maybe implement it into my maintenance routine as well. I want my beater to make it to 200k like yours...
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif
lol.gif
27.gif

Like I said I do a drain(pan has a factory drain plug)every 30K and every 60K I drop the pan and change the filter. Even though M1 ATF is not on the OK list for my Fusion(FNR-5)that's what I use and the trans upshifts and downshifts great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back