Bought another CTS-V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Here is a little video I made on a closed course.

c8eda50b7747274bbb7149d75c32c501fd7710b6d46a3da1daa3a8056ab656fa.jpg

150mph? And no gas in the car either? Was that so you woundn't burn to death if the car crashed?
I use the same closed course myself at times. No gas is a safety requirement.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
That being said, I've never owned a fast auto before and was curious if I would like it. A launch on a warm street in one of these with an auto is frighteningly fast. And it does strike me so far as a car you will want two hands on the wheel for after some power mods are on it. It is a handful, it likes to kick out.

I was the same way with my M235i automatic; all of my previous daily driver/track rats have been manuals. As it turns out the ZF 8HP works great on both street and track. Even with traction control it will roast the rear tires if you give it more than half throttle from a standing start- I'm reliving my misspent street racing youth...

It's nice to just punch it and lay rubber. The ZF trans in your car is definitely giving you a better driving experience than the 6L90E in my car, but in sport mode it is intuitive and fun, it seems to rev match downshifts in a way that makes you not feel it. That is cool. This transmission is bullet proof though, and I appreciate that. They seem to handle 800 wheel horsepower without an issue.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Im inclined to do the sane thing when the current model gets to agoodprice point with low miles.

I paid $32,400 for this car.

A 2015 V came in locally with over 50,000 miles on it already. The dealer listed it for about $53,000 and it sold instantly.

Further south and rural at 2am on a week day. Not a soul on the road. It seems a little hairy to most people, I've been in road legal vehicles keeping up with traffic and been more nervous about my safety. This car is smooth and confident at higher speeds.

Ouch-you got caught lying on that one. More than a "little hairy", it's downright stupid.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
ROFL sweet car but no way that is a closed course... hahahha

I don't judge. There is video on youtube of me racing in Mexico, except all the signs are in English. I was a lot younger then, and drove a Volvo.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Further south and rural at 2am on a week day. Not a soul on the road. It seems a little hairy to most people, I've been in road legal vehicles keeping up with traffic and been more nervous about my safety. This car is smooth and confident at higher speeds.

Ouch-you got caught lying on that one. More than a "little hairy", it's downright stupid.

That was just for sensors and humor. You see that on hardcore forums, "filmed in mexico" etc. Not so subltle when you blow past an exit sign.

One of the more amazing cars out there, luxury and performance.

I've been to 160 in one, still pulling like a freight train. Absolutely cool as can be...

Great car! They really improved the interior on them over the years. What year is the new-to-you one you've acquired? I really like the colour combo
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Great car! They really improved the interior on them over the years. What year is the new-to-you one you've acquired? I really like the colour combo
thumbsup2.gif

This one is an 09. 09-14 saw almost no changes, the only ones coming in 2011 when they finally put a back up camera in. They also added wood trim as an option instead of the carbon accents, added black wheels and yellow calipers as an option. They moved the V emblem to the other side of the trunk and added Cadillac script to a chrome piece on the trunk.

No back up cam is a real annoyance because visibility in this car is not nearly as good as my old one. For about $220 you can get it set up. The connections are there somewhere, you have to swap the rear view mirror for one out of another GM with a camera, add the trunk camera, run a wire. It will take a few hours to finish.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Sounds like you've researched it, are you going to do it?

I am, probably some time around March or April. I still need to install the system I bought for my mothers CRV. Her first.

I have a short list of things I want to do. Changing the rear diff fluid is also a priority since they are known to get hot.

thumbsup2.gif

Good luck with your projects, post up some pics when you've done the retrofit if you get the chance, would love to see it
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back