Motorcraft 5/20 Blend - 2015 3.7l TiVTC. (5174Mi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-Ford_30165.jpg

Total: 1467 hrs running, 878 hrs idle This OCI (175/73)

Unfortunately I forgot to run a health report so we don’t know wha the oil life was being reported as, would have been interesting since this is much lower idle time and a lot of highway travel.

Planet Ford has a new Quick Lane, and the service was good, I was pretty impressed overall until the TPMS light came on and I figured out they did not retrain the sensors after the Rotate... Service advisor didn’t want to own up to it but it was fine after I retrained them. So they went from A+ to C+.

PlanetFord.jpg

Wife drives a 2014 MKZ with the 3.7, and has the dealer service it every 5K using the MC 5w20, so this report is encouraging to me. I THINK Lincoln is the only model using this engine now, not sure what all models Ford put this engine in in the past.

I don’t think what it is in is particularly relevant which is why I never say. As I’ve said in the past though it is based on a Transit but is not something you could walk into a dealer and buy off the lot it also runs some equipment which is why there is frequently a lot of idle.

All of the runs except the 14,954 one are MC 5/20 blend, the other one in M1 5/20EP

Last edited:
I just realized the first analysis listed there is the FF (right?). That's pretty cool to see the break in materials come down and stabilize around 20,000 miles...

Originally Posted By: car51
DuckRyder: thank you for the UOA and your info good friend
smile.gif

As always you’re welcome.

Originally Posted By: Onug
I just realized the first analysis listed there is the FF (right?). That’s pretty cool to see the break in materials come down and stabilize around 20,000 miles...

That is correct. You may also find the series on my HD 103B interesting as it also has the factory fill. If you have a look at it, note the oil was not changed at each sample, it doesn’t have nearly the miles on it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back