My new RAM Big Horn 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread to document my lease experience with this truck spinning off of this thread:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...n_m#Post4276135

the window sticker is posted on the last page of the above thread.

Had 26 miles on it at delivery. A couple things I actually liked better about the Silverado, two years free maintenance on the Chevy and the slow drop assisted tailgate. This RAM, I'll be doing the oil changes and rotates myself and the tailgate on this truck drops like a stone. The Chevy you just unlatch it and it drops nice and slow without even touching it. Everything else, the RAM basically blows the Chevy out of the water on. Better seats, way more interior room, better forward visability, better steering, better suspension feel on bumpy roads, quieter tires (still Goodyears
sick.gif
), and that 8-speed ZF trans is 5000x better than that 6-speed POS that Chevy uses. The day before I turned in my Chevy I had to remove the panel below the steering wheel for the second time in 18K miles due to loosened screws rattling and vibrating like crazy. I took them all out and blue-loctited them back in. Maybe that will fix it for good?

That's a great truck!

I was very impressed by the Ram - in the showroom, and on the road when I test drove one. They really do drive well.

So...what oil will it get??

I added a DeeZee tailgate assist to my Ram. Lets down nice, but no up help.

Chrysler is competing hard in trucks. I still see my 1989 Ramcharger on the road occasionally.

Glad you like the transmission. My 2012 Ford has an occasional hard shift. It's worse after they reflashed the programming after the recall.

I love the chrome wheels,they look evil on your black truck!! The chrome wheels are the icing on the cake!! Beautiful truck!!

"They come running just as fast as they can - cuz every girl crazy about a sharp dressed Ram ...
(Nice ride) ...

Beautiful!
I've always liked that styling since it came out a few years ago.

I also would like to hear what you think about the 3.6L in that application. My wife has it in her GC and it seems powerful enough but I think the RAM is a bit heavier. Can the Stop/Start be disabled at all?

Best of luck with your new ride!

Originally Posted By: fcjeep
Beautiful!
I've always liked that styling since it came out a few years ago.

I also would like to hear what you think about the 3.6L in that application. My wife has it in her GC and it seems powerful enough but I think the RAM is a bit heavier. Can the Stop/Start be disabled at all?

Best of luck with your new ride!

Very nice truck! I'm also interested in your comments on the 3.6 in that application.

As a long time Ford truck fan, if I were in the market for a new pick up I'd go with a Ram over Ford and GM.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
New thread to document my lease experience with this truck spinning off of this thread:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...n_m#Post4276135

the window sticker is posted on the last page of the above thread.

Had 26 miles on it at delivery. A couple things I actually liked better about the Silverado, two years free maintenance on the Chevy and the slow drop assisted tailgate. This RAM, I'll be doing the oil changes and rotates myself and the tailgate on this truck drops like a stone. The Chevy you just unlatch it and it drops nice and slow without even touching it. Everything else, the RAM basically blows the Chevy out of the water on. Better seats, way more interior room, better forward visability, better steering, better suspension feel on bumpy roads, quieter tires (still Goodyears
sick.gif
), and that 8-speed ZF trans is 5000x better than that 6-speed POS that Chevy uses. The day before I turned in my Chevy I had to remove the panel below the steering wheel for the second time in 18K miles due to loosened screws rattling and vibrating like crazy. I took them all out and blue-loctited them back in. Maybe that will fix it for good?

Congratulations on the sharp new ride !!

We had a Ram Big Horn 4x4 rental with the Hemi (though they all came with that). It was very nice, I was quite surprised how well it drove.

Nice truck. I really like the Rams, they're good looking, but my god they need to do a refresh. 9 years of the same body style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back