How are AAA car batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem...OK. Not especially good, not especially bad.

For what they cost (I was quoted $220 for a Cherokee), they should sing and dance!

There's one in my parent's car, looks like a Deka flat top(which looks like the old Delco/Delphi Freedom design), the label layout also looks like a Deka, but the date code sticker doesn't look it.

My Escalade has one. If something happens they appear in 30 minutes. 6 year warranty, 3 year free replacement. My sister and mom also have them. All are 2-5 years, no issues.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

However, AAA batteries in my experience have been nothing but trash.

+1. I only saw one replaced on my Mom's car and it lasted 2.5 years, mostly in cool Massachusetts. It blew out with a foul sulfer smell one day.

I view the AAA batteries as cheapest of the cheap. YMMV, but I would not buy one. Unknown quantity.

Last edited:
My folks got one for their 2001 Camry, here in Northern California. I'm sure it's an East Penn design. It has a fairly unique two-piece top cover. Doesn't look like any JCI or Exide battery I've seen.

They didn't feel like going out, getting a battery, installing it, and returning the core. They liked having a AAA contractor come to their house to install it and take away the old battery.

So nobody has thought of the obvious joke about using AAA car batteries?

maxpowerseal_aaa.jpg

Originally Posted By: y_p_w

maxpowerseal_aaa.jpg

Umm...

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
AAA batteries are awful tiny. :)

and

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Is it wrong that when I saw the term "AAA batteries", I immediately thought of this?

Originally Posted By: y_p_w

maxpowerseal_aaa.jpg

I thought about it, yes.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back