22LR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an air rifle to take the place of my .22LR rifle. Pellets are cheap and readily available, and pretty much anything I could do with my .22LR rifle, the new air rifle will do.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I bought an air rifle to take the place of my .22LR rifle. Pellets are cheap and readily available, and pretty much anything I could do with my .22LR rifle, the new air rifle will do.

I put a little GAMO scope on my GAMO .177 underlever last weekend and took it to the range...it was GREAT fun...15 shots under an inch at 30 yards first time out is certainly minute of rabbit

^^

Nice.

I picked up an Umarex Octane over the Christmas Holiday. After running a couple hundred pellets through it, it seems to be very accurate out to 50 yds, which is the greatest distance I've tried it at thus far.

I only buy my ammo at Walmart because they have the lowest prices. Their 22LR ammo is usually less than $.06 a round. The hoarding may not be as bad as it was, but 22 ammo from Walmart is still definitely hoarded, but I can see why with everyone else selling it for 7 or 8 cents a round. You can certainly find 22 ammo now almost anytime, but you're gonna be paying top dollar for it. If you want Walmart prices, availability is still very hit and miss.

Today I picked up 100 rounds of Remington .38 Special, and 100 rounds of Perfecta .357 Magnum at Walmart. The .38 was $40, and the .357 was $37. Not bad...still trying to figure why the .357 was less expensive than the .38 though, it's usually the other way around.

I also went the way of the pellet rifle during the 22 ammo drought. I've got 2 of the break barrel .177 rifles...both shoot 1000 fps, have scopes, are fairly accurate, and can be shot for next to nothing as pellets are of little cost. They are fun to shoot, but by no means take the place of the shooting experience I get from shooting powder ammo. Now that I'm finally starting to get my ammo supply back up, I can start shooting the .22s again. I'll also be teaching my wife and daughter to shoot the .38/.357 revolver...looks like we'll have some fun days coming as soon as the nice weather is here to stay...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: czbrian
I've been buying Federal Automatch for under $20 for a brick of 325. You can order it from Gander Mountain for $19.95. I've bought it a little cheaper on sale at ****'s a few months ago too.

I've been shooting and stocking up more lately by finding deals from places like ****'s. Using the $10 off when you spend $50 coupons, I usually pay between 4.5 and 5 cents per round for 22lr.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Today I picked up 100 rounds of Remington .38 Special, and 100 rounds of Perfecta .357 Magnum at Walmart. The .38 was $40, and the .357 was $37. Not bad...still trying to figure why the .357 was less expensive than the .38 though, it's usually the other way around.

The regular price at our Walmart for Perfecta .357 mag 50rd box is $16.97. They're usually out of stock, but with three stores in our area, I can still find one or two boxes a month.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: funflyer
Originally Posted By: czbrian
I've been buying Federal Automatch for under $20 for a brick of 325. You can order it from Gander Mountain for $19.95. I've bought it a little cheaper on sale at ****'s a few months ago too.

I've been shooting and stocking up more lately by finding deals from places like ****'s. Using the $10 off when you spend $50 coupons, I usually pay between 4.5 and 5 cents per round for 22lr.

The regular price at our Walmart for Perfecta .357 mag 50rd box is $16.97. They're usually out of stock, but with three stores in our area, I can still find one or two boxes a month.

Yep, that's what I paid too...with tax it was a little over $17 for a 50 round box...my ammo guru says that's a good price for .357...

In Selway ad today: Armscor .22 Long Rifle 36 Gr. High Velocity Lead Hollow Point- Box of 500 - $40.99

I haven't shot any, can't vouch for them.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
In Selway ad today: Armscor .22 Long Rifle 36 Gr. High Velocity Lead Hollow Point- Box of 500 - $40.99

That's 8 cents a round...way too much, I wouldn't pay that...

Yeah, I paid 9.5 cents for made in the USA .22's..........Glad I could help keep Americans working.

I only buy my ammo at Walmart because they have the lowest prices. Their 22LR ammo is usually less than $.06 a round. The hoarding may not be as bad as it was, but 22 ammo from Walmart is still definitely hoarded, but I can see why with everyone else selling it for 7 or 8 cents a round.

Did you see my post above about seeing a 500 pack of Federal at Walmart for $79.95? Yeah, I couldn't believe it. That will stop the Walmart neck beards.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I only buy my ammo at Walmart because they have the lowest prices. Their 22LR ammo is usually less than $.06 a round. The hoarding may not be as bad as it was, but 22 ammo from Walmart is still definitely hoarded, but I can see why with everyone else selling it for 7 or 8 cents a round.

Did you see my post above about seeing a 500 pack of Federal at Walmart for $79.95? Yeah, I couldn't believe it. That will stop the Walmart neck beards.

I think it was a good experiment...

Yeah, I paid 9.5 cents for made in the USA .22's..........Glad I could help keep Americans working.

I believe every round of .22 ammo I've bought at Walfart was made in the US of A, but I'm glad you're paying for the ammo company's CEO's summer home and not me...

Last edited:
I've bought thousands of shotgun shells at Wally. If they had any .22's I wanted, I'd buy them also. Since they don't, I buy elsewhere. A few cents a round really isn't a deal breaker for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back