Minivan lock/unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgn

Good evening all,

My minivan has the feature where the doors lock automatically when I put it in gear. However, now when I go from park to reverse, the doors lock, unlock, and then lock again...everytime. It's been going on for several weeks. My guess is that my 10 and 6 year old have beat the snot out of the passenger sliding door for so long that they've damaged something. Opinions?

My 08 Sedona does something similar. Every once in awhile, I'll lock the doors and they will unlock again immediately after. Everything is clearly closed though. Hit lock again and they stay that way. No idea why this happens though.

I have had that happen in an older car of mine. Turned out the drivers side power lock actuator was failing, was not too pricey to fix myself.

Since they are manual doors. I would have to guess it is either one of the lock actuators or the drivers master switch is faulty. Trust me when I say you do not want power doors in a second gen Sedona ,alot of problems with those doors. If you feel like you can diag it yourself send me a pm and ill try to get you the wiring diagrams for that system.

My Sonata which is akin to your Sedona has the same feature, but I've disabled it to reduce wear on the locks. I recommend manipulating the settings to try to get the feature to function properly.

The adjustments should be made with the steering wheel buttons and the dash display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back