Mystik jt-8 10w-30 HDEO VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post ever. I've been around, just never registered.
This is a VOA of the synth/blend Mystik jt-8 10w-30 to be used in my built turbo Subaru. Mystik is readily available to me with a good reputation. I haven't seen much on here about it and thought I'd share.

MYSTIK SHD 10W/30

IMG_20170215_221155_zps3lifx8cb.jpg

IMG_20170215_221155_zps3lifx8cb.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me, a thick 30 grade (11.6 cSt) with lots of zinc (1150 ppm) and a decent TBN (9.0). I would happily use it.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the VOA. JT-8 is a good low cost HDEO, and Blain's Farm & Fleet sells a ton of it. I've used it in my OPE that requires a 30 weight.

Good stuff, I use the JT8 15/50 in my motorcycle, posted a VOA in the Virgin section last year, along with some UOAs in the motorcycle section.
its a Citgo product.

Originally Posted By: SR5
OP, Is this HDEO rated CK-4 or CJ-4 ?

It is rated CJ-4, CL-4 PLUS, CL-4, CH-4 / SM. I will follow up with UOAs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zmivr
Originally Posted By: SR5
OP, Is this HDEO rated CK-4 or CJ-4 ?

It is rated CJ-4, CL-4 PLUS, CL-4, CH-4 / SM. I will follow up with UOAs.

Thanks mate.

And welcome !!

Generally all HDEO dual rated CJ4/CI4 SM/SL are stout, in relation to mono rated API gasoline engine oils.
Had been putting dual rated HDEO in gasoline engines for a decade( in a 1994 beater, so is a 2007 EFI gasoline engine).

That always confused me, every product we have in our homes including the device we are reading these forums with were made in China, no different as far as human rights then the Venezuelan thing. IN fact, the more money we give china, the more they are building a war machine to take us on... :eek:(
Not only that but half of Shell oil is owned by the middle east.

Last edited:
I completely understand... Danged if you do, danged if you don't. Really, the price point and strong similarities to Rotella is what has me interested. Us Subaru guys love our Rotella but, this looks as good if not (dare I say) better? This will be the first fill after break-in with Valvoline VR1 on my 400 whp Subie. I will also be useing this in my 250K mile Forester.

Thanks a lot for posting - this product is re-labelled by Canadian Tire as Motomaster Semi-Syn 10W-30 Diesel oil.

Nice to know what it looks like!

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
I have used the Mystic JT-8 stuff in the past. Very good products. Some just have issues that it is a Citgo product and the Venezuelan thing.
T.T. is middle east oil any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back