New wheels for the '16 Corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Well, finally got tired of the wheel covers and purchased these from TireRack. Same size as OEM steelies but 3lbs lighter per corner.

Very nice, I like them a lot. Much better than the wheel covers. Where did you get the chrome exhaust finisher from?

Get some 18s and drop that thing.
smile.gif

Nice rims, but they just look tiny on your car. Or maybe it's just the pictures...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Get some 18s and drop that thing.
smile.gif

Nice rims, but they just look tiny on your car. Or maybe it's just the pictures...

Haha! How did i know that was coming. A couple things, Miami roads are so atrocious that lowering it just wouldn't make sense. Also, I hate looking out for my bumper where oversized parking stops are. I also hate the creaking that sometimes is unavoidable with aftermarket springs. These wheels cost me $425 delivered and i was able to use the tires that came with the car since they're only 10K miles old. But i completely understand your sentiments.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Haha! How did i know that was coming. A couple things, Miami roads are so atrocious that lowering it just wouldn't make sense. Also, I hate looking out for my bumper where oversized parking stops are. I also hate the creaking that sometimes is unavoidable with aftermarket springs. These wheels cost me $425 delivered and i was able to use the tires that came with the car since they're only 10K miles old. But i completely understand your sentiments.

I was just teasing. I wouldn't do it myself on a daily driver like that.

But as far as roads, having lived in Miami area in the past, I can tell you that you have it pretty good down there compared to the North where winter weather really messes the roads up.

The rims blend in with the tires a little too much for my taste. Up close they are very sharp looking.

Whenever I get a car with wheel covers, they're the first things to go. I'll run steelies before I'll have covers. Currently running steelies and winter tires on my '01 Civic.

Those look good on that Corolla.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: wemay

I was just teasing. I wouldn't do it myself on a daily driver like that.

But as far as roads, having lived in Miami area in the past, I can tell you that you have it pretty good down there compared to the North where winter weather really messes the roads up.

Yeah, some of my northern friends have told me the same.

I would of said to go at least 17's but i can tell its cuz you wanted to use the same tires..even with 17's they dont look big (have 17's on mine). They are nice and wayyy better than wheel covers. And once you get to 17's or 18's, you will need lower and likely need to role fenders out. .not worth it..i lived that hassle and would only go as big as the mfr goes on higher spec'd models.

Do you have a link for those wheels on Tire Rack? The car looks like the more sporty SE version but without the lower profile tires which is a good thing.

Ok, just looked it up, the SE version come with 45 series tires plus a stiffer suspension. Way to go getting the LE with the 55 series tires and dressing it up some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back