Grease recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No opinion on grease, but would love to hear more about the rifle. It looks like it takes Glock mags? I have a JR Carbine that takes 9mm Glock mags, it's a fun gun as well, but I wouldn't mind stepping up to the power of a 10mm (both in a Glock 20 and a matching carbine).

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
No opinion on grease, but would love to hear more about the rifle. It looks like it takes Glock mags? I have a JR Carbine that takes 9mm Glock mags, it's a fun gun as well, but I wouldn't mind stepping up to the power of a 10mm (both in a Glock 20 and a matching carbine).

They do take Glock mags.

Here is a video of one being played around with in 40 S&W if I recall

TNW Survival Rifle

Originally Posted By: Astro14

Seriously?

You're recommending that he use two stroke oil on his new rifle?

Do you even own a gun? I'm just curious. You have a lot of bizarre recommendations on guns and hold quite a few misconceptions about them, so I'm wondering why you post in this section.

I was wondering for almost two day wetter to answer your post or not.....untill I came across this meme on FB
laugh.gif

you-know-too-much-psychology-when-you-cant-get-mad-6611682.png

You took two days to debate an answer...and then didn't answer the question. So, I'll ask again.

Do you, or do you not, own a gun?

You took two days to debate an answer...and then didn't answer the question. So, I'll ask again.

smile.gif
oh boy you are a nervous person...

No I dont possess firearms....yet! Planning for the future....right now I am into different hobbys (bike + its upgrades).

But that doesnt mean that I dont have friends with guns and rifles! From police officers...military personel..local hunters...various
smile.gif

So IF you think that you are "KING of the hill" only because you know how to dismantle a 9mm gun and put it back together...I can only assess you as a person wich is poor in its mind
smile.gif

Here over the pond we are more pragmatic over the weapons
wink.gif

Last edited:
And yes...I am reading (and posting into) this subforum because you are so "in love" with your weapons that it is fun reading it
laugh.gif

The more abbervations lube has (slip2000... EWL...ezox) the more you are into it...no matter if it really lubricates and protects or not
smile.gif

Can you explain to me someabbervations found on those super duper lubes you have...so that I can assess wetter they lubricate more because of that?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
No I dont possess firearms....yet!

I give you credit for answering honestly. It would have been easy for you just to say "yes"
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N

smile.gif
oh boy you are a nervous person...

No I dont possess firearms....yet! Planning for the future....right now I am into different hobbys (bike + its upgrades).

But that doesnt mean that I dont have friends with guns and rifles! From police officers...military personel..local hunters...various
smile.gif

So IF you think that you are "KING of the hill" only because you know how to dismantle a 9mm gun and put it back together...I can only assess you as a person wich is poor in its mind
smile.gif

Here over the pond we are more pragmatic over the weapons
wink.gif

Well...I'm not nervous, but I at least have some experience with the things I recommend. I appreciate your honesty in answering, and it explains your odd firearms posts. You have some weird preconceptions about guns, and your information doesn't come from direct experience.

You're recommending firearms maintenance products/practice and don't actually maintain a firearm. That's not helping anyone.

If a BITOG member was recommending motor oil on the basis of "I don't own a car, but I have friends who do" (analogous to your statement), you would have to question his credibility.

Never said I was "KING of the hill"...but having field stripped (if that's what you mean by dismantle), sometimes detail stripped, cleaned and lubricated my firearms, and then taken them out shooting and repeated the process a few dozen times on each of them, I DO have some experience with various lubricants. And that's the topic here: lubricating a firearm. The OP was seeking recommendations from people who lubricate and maintain guns to help him determine how to lubricate and maintain his.

Not gun fantasies.

Not gun control or political comparisons of your pragmatism.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC

They originally did a poor job on the feed ramp. When I called to complain, they didn't bat an eye and sent me a shipping label.They had a snowstorm and couldn't get guns in or out for a week. The nice person on the phone explained that they normally never see snow. Anyway, when I got it back it was better. I have nothing but wonderful to say about TNW!!
The guns are multi-caliber. Mine can shoot 10mm or 45ACP with a barrel change and mags. The other receiver can shoot 9mm, 357 Sig, and 40 S&W. Because the barrel screws into the receiver, the gun is designed to be taken down and will pack into two pieces one of which is about 17", the barrel is 16". The receiver is aluminum, and thick enough to use as a last-ditch bludgeon.
If you go the 10mm route, I recommend a recoil pad. You WILL be much happier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back