Quantum Blue Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting-I've never seen a full syn media filter that didn't have some kind of backing, it would be interesting to see which (likely overseas) contract manufacturer built them for him.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Squeal all you want about snake oil but Brian at BND is one smart fellow. They make proprietary lubricants with unique additives for military applications as well as excellent motor oil.

He makes the best fuel additive ever for high performance applications, Aces IV. It also has unique solid additives for top cylinder lube.

He even made me some ZF 8 speed lube and got me the filter/pan module for nearly half list price! I have known him for over ten years and he is very helpful.

Call him and talk to him then tell us what you think...

How much does his fuel additive cost? I notice no pricing on his webpage.

He has all kinds of deals. I can't recall his fuel additive pricing, but it was not cheap. It also is extremely effective, pulled the knock retard down in my car with only 4 ounces to a tank. Like I said, make it a point to call him directly. It's a small shop and he'll likely answer the phone himself.

His media is a special blend and so robust it did not require it- other reasons were given but they were excruciatingly
detailed.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
The weather didn't help but here are some pictures. Notice the goodies are at the top behind the base plate.
Holes are slick both sides. I may have to cut one. They ARE NOT wire backed and Brian explained in detail why they aren't...

And that would be???

Wonder who actually makes the filter? Not a Puro filter, maybe Wix or Fram??

I may have to cut one. They ARE NOT wire backed and Brian explained in detail why they aren't......

The "tall dome" end (trapedoid shaped) looks like a Part Plus I have (made in Korea)... but the holes are different

Last edited:
Honestly it seems you're bent on attacking the man when a simple phone call or email would answer your questions very quickly.

LoL ... asking a legislate questions is now some kind of "attack"? I doesn't take much to put information on a website that is already established. When someone pops in here and claims they've found the ultimate oil filter, I'd like to see some information that backs up that claim ... pretty simple logic IMO.

His media is a special blend and so robust it did not require it- other reasons were given but they were excruciatingly
detailed.

Hmm, kind of interesting.
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Looks like a Wix filter.

That is what I was thinking with the large inlet holes, silicone ADV and no mesh backing. Be interesting to see one cut open next to a Wix.

Correction. I said I bought some products that I was going to test. Unlike you I put my money where my mouth is. Nowhere did I claim I found the ultimate anything. How can you assume anything when you have no first hand knowledge of the product? You're more worried about his website and specs. If he supplied all of the specs on a glorious website you'd be crying that they weren't legit. Be honest. I got no dog in the hunt. It's entertainment to me and I'm sure they don't need my puny order either.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Honestly it seems you're bent on attacking the man when a simple phone call or email would answer your questions very quickly.

LoL ... asking a legislate questions is now some kind of "attack"? I doesn't take much to put information on a website that is already established. When someone pops in here and claims they've found the ultimate oil filter, I'd like to see some information that backs up that claim ... pretty simple logic IMO.

Correction. I said I bought some products that I was going to test. Unlike you I put my money where my mouth is. Nowhere did I claim I found the ultimate anything. How can you assume anything when you have no first hand knowledge of the product? You're more worried about his website and specs. If he supplied all of the specs on a glorious website you'd be crying that they weren't legit. Be honest. I got no dog in the hunt. It's entertainment to me and I'm sure they don't need my puny order either.

You posted:
Filter specs

Extremely high flow moving 11 gpm but catching 92% at 10 micron and 99.99% at 20 micron
15K mile

I'm calling that an "ultimate filter" ... I didn't claim you specifically claimed it was, but the "specs" say it is.

Therefore, I'm curious of just how these "specs" came to be. Like I said before, if it was so good then why don't they show the information on their website? Instead, they don't even indicate on the website that they even sell oil filters. Big disconnects going on.

If he at least showed some info on the oil filters, and the specs on the website with a referenced test procedure (ie, ISO 4548-12), then it would way more believable than them just telling someone over the phone how good their filter specs are.

And having one of the filters in your hand or running it on your engine can't tell you what the actual efficiency is ... only a sophisticated test machine using a proven test standard can do that.

Brian offered me filters later when I said I use only two types MG's and Ultras. And that was over email.
I did not know he offered them and he said he was in the process of expanding his line and he could in fact supply a 3614 version for my Ford C-Max and that he did a bunch of Prius work and people were getting good results and he wanted feedback on the first C-Max. Those specs came in an email and later were discussed via phone. Delivery was slow and the filters most likely were the hold up. So I'm assuming he probably doesn't do his own website and they have yet to make it to prime time.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

You posted:
Filter specs

Extremely high flow moving 11 gpm but catching 92% at 10 micron and 99.99% at 20 micron
15K mile

I'm calling that an "ultimate filter" ... I didn't claim you specifically claimed it was, but the "specs" say it is.

Therefore, I'm curious of just how these "specs" came to be. Like I said before, if it was so good then why don't they show the information on their website? Instead, they don't even indicate on the website that they even sell oil filters. Big disconnects going on.

If he at least showed some info on the oil filters, and the specs on the website with a referenced test procedure (ie, ISO 4548-12), then it would way more believable than them just telling someone over the phone how good their filter specs are.

And having one of the filters in your hand or running it on your engine can't tell you what the actual efficiency is ... only a sophisticated test machine using a proven test standard can do that.

I'm intrigued but have healthy skepticism.

It is possible to build a more expensive better mouse trap but its very hard to do.

I'd have no problem paying a premium for better 4548-12 performance.

Keep us informed and cut one of them open when you can.

UD

I'm with you on that. I still have reservations on other oil and filters I have used for several hundreds of thousands of miles. When a weird noise crops up you start to wonder..
I am using his AcesIV now but I wouldn't be a buyer because of its cost and I'm running regular vehicles only. I'm saying this upfront before any test results are in.

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
I'm intrigued but have healthy skepticism.

It is possible to build a more expensive better mouse trap but its very hard to do.

I'd have no problem paying a premium for better 4548-12 performance.

Keep us informed and cut one of them open when you can.

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back