Do all gun shows suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
They are now that guns have become a commodity. People can't buy guns they just like or enjoy to shoot without being in competition with people trying to flip guns and even ammo. People still show up at Wal-Mart at 5 am on Wednesday to buy up .22 ammo for $6.95 to take it to the Flea Market and sell it for $15. Since most gun gougers really know little about guns, most of them will probably get stuck with overpriced junk automatics (Jimenez). I really feel gun prices and ammo prices are going to dive once imports open up with Russia. Being a avid gun colloector with around 100 guns, I couldn't be happier either. Because even though I got some prized guns worth mega bucks, I bought them because I liked them not to re- sale for profit. Hope they all the gougers get stuck with ammo, that they probably dont know, doesn't last forever.

I used to love spending an afternoon shooting the .22s, but now days it's like winning the lottery just to find .22 ammo in the stores. Now I have to spend months buying ammo here and there whenever it's available (which isn't very often) just to be able to shoot once or twice a year. This is beyond ridiculous. .22 ammo should be cheap and plentiful, but the hoarders, or flippers, or whatever you want to call them have ruined the hobby...Like you said, I hope they all get stuck eating all of that ammo...

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
No they don't all suck. Well, they do if one expects to go and find things for sale for less than you think they're worth. Gone are the days when a gun show was actually a gun show with guys showing their collections and doing some buying and trading and telling tales. 95% of tables are now people out to make a profit. As was said earlier gun shows are good places to go see things you probably won't get to see at your local LGS and face it, these are people interested in guns, maybe not all the same interest as you but it's not like you're with a bunch of people who collect yarn balls or something.

A couple of weeks ago I drove an hour and 45 minutes and spent $18 to get into the Small Arms Review sponsored show in Phoenix with nothing more in mind than cruising through 6 large buildings and a couple of huge tents full of gun stuff of every description. It's gun culture overload. Nothing in particular on a buy list except a box of .257 Roberts ammo for my boss.

But I did buy a rifle. Private sales are legal in Arizona and I was happy to buy this 1996 Stainless Ruger 10/22 that appears to be unfired for $160 with in the first 1/2 hour. .22s aren't really selling and the dealers were offering less, the walk-around seller told me his price and I bought it. Could have re-sold it 3 times.
1022ss_zpskzd8m2mj.jpg

Nice 10/22! I have some nice .22s as well, but the problem is finding ammo for them...it used to be I could choose which ammo I wanted and how much I wanted to buy...these days, you pretty much have to take what you can find, IF you can find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back