Think this would be covered under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
OP, how long is it going to take before you go to the dealer and get an ACTUAL ANSWER?

I told you how my VW dealer would have handled it, why don't you go find out how yours will?

Within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I'll update when we get an answer.

The car went in to the dealer on Saturday. They called today and said they will need to keep it through Wednesday, they will be replacing the ignition cylinder AND ignition switch. Hopefully this will resolve the issue long term.

Edit: forgot this thread was originally about the wheel. I did mention it to the dealer, no word on whether or not they will replace. Will update when car is picked up.

Last edited:
Update: Got the car back yesterday, the ignition components seem to be working well. Smooth and no more stuck key upon removal. When my fiancé went to pick it up at the dealer, she noticed the wheel with the failing clear coat was still on the car. She made mention of this since we asked about it upon drop off last Saturday. The service advisor looked at it and went to check to see if they had the part in stock. Sure enough they did! They replaced it under warranty, no questions asked. So bravo VW dealership for stepping up. Ok, time to go outside and give both cars a bath!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back