OCI for Mazda CX-9 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all from Ukraine!

I have two Mazda's, made for USA Market. Also I buy American oil via Amazon, so I have stock of oils like Castrol EDGE Extended Perfomance and now waiting Amsoil SS 5w20. I have 3.7 engine in my CX-9 (2008)

So,can you recomend me the right OCI for this engine?
I use LPG fuel for 80% of mileage.
Total mileage is 56k miles.
I drive about 50 miles every day, 50% highway.

I ordered the Mobile 1 EP and FRAM Ultra oil filters to try them. Now I use OEM.

Thanks for your advices!

P.S. I made few years ago VOA for CX-7 in 5000km (3125ml) OCI at Addinol MV0537 5w30. TBN was 4.09 and perfect wear results. May be it can be interesting for someone:
http://www.oil-club.ru/forum/index.php?a...attach_id=15412

If it's a USA Mazda, I'd just follow the OLM and add a few thousand miles for your adjusted OCI. If you're sticking to full synthetics and the high LPG use, that should be easy. You can probably double stint the oil filter as well. LPG burns pretty clean.

LP gas burns VERY clean.

A good synthetic will probably last for 25,000-30,000km easily, and a good oil filter will last 50,000-60,000 km

urman, Welcome to BITOG! You have a great car IMO. The fact that you are using LPG as fuel should allow you to extend the OCI. The 3.7 L engine is a Ford design, and has proven to be very reliable. Does your CX9 have an oil life monitor? If it does, I would follow that. FWIW

Old tommy

Pls keep in mind that according to regulations LPG here can have up to 50 mg/kg sulfur so high tbn is a must

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back