Quantum Blue Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine today. These are for Ford and they are for the 3614 type of application.
The base plate and the holes are super slick, deburred to perfection. No louvers..... Silicone ADBV.
They don't come boxed. Too late for pictures but I'll try tomorrow.
I'd cut one open but they are a bit pricey. I did get oil too 7.5w25 and he threw in 16 ounces of Aces IV and some other goodies.
I told him that IMHO gallon jugs are not the way to sell oil- so he did make me a 5 quart batch- nice move.
Just experimenting........

Filter specs

Extremely high flow moving 11 gpm but catching 92% at 10 micron and 99.99% at 20 micron
15K mile

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Filter specs

Extremely high flow moving 11 gpm but catching 92% at 10 micron and 99.99% at 20 micron
15K mile

Is there finally something here to challenge the Ultra? Those are better filtration specs than I've seen for the ultra.

There is no such thing as 7.5W25, either the oil passes 5w30, or 10w30, or 5w20, there is no in between in SAE standards. That's why we say things like light 5w30 if the kinematic viscosity is close to the begging of the range.

After skimming their website I'm calling snake oil.

As a teenager I raised Boa's and we used to coat their skin out with mineral oil...
Snake oil.....He didn't offer me non of that yet.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
There is no such thing as 7.5W25, either the oil passes 5w30, or 10w30, or 5w20, there is no in between in SAE standards. That's why we say things like light 5w30 if the kinematic viscosity is close to the begging of the range.

After skimming their website I'm calling snake oil.

Email them and they will send you out the specs for your application.
They did also send me out info on the filters internal construction as well in detail.
That's also why I think I'll cut mine afterwards instead.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Link to the specs?

Some versions of the Ultra are so inexpensive I don't think there is a challenger....
That said these are better in the hole deburring than my Ultras I have here but nothing else is known to me at this point. The internal design is definitely different though.

Originally Posted By: GRWOil
Filter specs

15K mile

Is there finally something here to challenge the Ultra? Those are better filtration specs than I've seen for the ultra.

I read through their whole home page and I don't buy any of it. Not only do they mention non standard SAE viscosity grades but he refers to motor oils like a 0w30 as "0-30".

There's some knowledge mixed in all that but I'm extremely skeptical, especially with the specs you posted on that filter which seem too good to be true as well.

Here's what I read if anyone's curious.

http://bndautomotive.com/quantumblue-products-2/

I am not endorsing any products. You didn't say it but I'm making it clear.
I prefer to withhold judgment until I test the products. Then I will come to my own conclusions. I already have my favorite oil and filters but I like testing products as well.
In fairness I don't see you as a customer and me not a life long oil customer either due to cost. But I did talk to the owner and he was all too willing to supply product info and he didn't throw a bunch of spin either. No big talk and suggested I do UOA's and filter inspections etc. for which I informed him I would do.

All of that aside his filters were my main interest and so far the execution looks very promising. I'm also testing some other firearm related lubricants and he supplied those at no cost. I did pay for the oil and filters however.

Btw...the filters are in the Royal Purple price range or a bit cheaper.
$11 to $13 each...

Link to the specs?

They did also send me out info on the filters internal construction as well in detail.

Quantum's website doesn't even indicate that they sell oil filters. If they think their oil filters are so great, how come they don't show them on their website with referenced test spec and associated measured efficiency ... strange business model.

Squeal all you want about snake oil but Brian at BND is one smart fellow. They make proprietary lubricants with unique additives for military applications as well as excellent motor oil.

He makes the best fuel additive ever for high performance applications, Aces IV. It also has unique solid additives for top cylinder lube.

He even made me some ZF 8 speed lube and got me the filter/pan module for nearly half list price! I have known him for over ten years and he is very helpful.

Call him and talk to him then tell us what you think...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
There is no such thing as 7.5W25,

Technically, no.

Effectively..... plausible?

1 qt 5W-20 + 1 qt 10W-30 = 2 quarts 7.5W-25 ... which is something I've also done on several occasions.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Squeal all you want about snake oil but Brian at BND is one smart fellow. They make proprietary lubricants with unique additives for military applications as well as excellent motor oil.

He makes the best fuel additive ever for high performance applications, Aces IV. It also has unique solid additives for top cylinder lube.

He even made me some ZF 8 speed lube and got me the filter/pan module for nearly half list price! I have known him for over ten years and he is very helpful.

How much does his fuel additive cost? I notice no pricing on his webpage.

And unfortunately too happy to let people waste his time.
People here forget that many very small businesses don't have the greatest webpages and I really
think the pricing is actually based on what you want to buy and how much. Also much of this stuff is not on a shelf.
It took about 3 weeks to get my order made up.
I did try the Aces IV this AM and will see how it goes. He gave me that by the way.

It ain't cheap- but email him and I did on a Sunday because I work all the time and he got back to me right away. He even called me later.

Originally Posted By: VNTS

How much does his fuel additive cost? I notice no pricing on his webpage.

I think the reason that is so is because they are a new product and limited.
Honestly it seems you're bent on attacking the man when a simple phone call or email would answer your questions very quickly. Since we have several experts here why don't you guys play who knows it all with him and them come to a conclusion. That said it will be cheaper to write him off wouldn't it?

Link to the specs?

Quantum's website doesn't even indicate that they sell oil filters. If they think their oil filters are so great, how come they don't show them on their website with referenced test spec and associated measured efficiency ... strange business model.

The weather didn't help but here are some pictures. Notice the goodies are at the top behind the base plate.
Holes are slick both sides. I may have to cut one. They ARE NOT wire backed and Brian explained in detail why they aren't......

The weather didn't help but here are some pictures. Notice the goodies are at the top behind the base plate.
Holes are slick both sides. I may have to cut one. They ARE NOT wire backed and Brian explained in detail why they aren't...

And that would be???

Wonder who actually makes the filter? Not a Puro filter, maybe Wix or Fram??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back