Castrol 75W-140 Limited Slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a source for Castrol 75W-140 Limited Slip gear oil that can be had for less than $46/quart?

I've got a coworker looking for some for his Dodge 1500, but he nor I can find it here in the states for a reasonable price.

I don't have a source for the Castrol, but wonder why he wouldn't just use a different gear oil that is readily available like Mobil 1 or Valvoline?

Any major brand 75W-140 oil with the required limited slip additive should work fine in that axle.

Now if we're talking BMW or anything that needs Castrol SAF-XO then that's a whole different story.

Why Castrol specifically?

As other said, just get another brand. AAP has Valvoline Synpoweer for $15/qt, Mobil 1 is $20/qt. When using the discount code, you can get the Valvoline for about $11/qt.
The last change in my truck I just used Supertech 75w-140 for $11.40/qt.

At that point, why not just grab some Amsoil? About the same price as M1 (actually, less for 75w140) locally for me...

I'm in agreement with OP in securing a Castrol 75W140 , not that others above are inferior.

I recommended AMSOIL, since I have a preferred customer account, but......brand loyalty I guess.

I appreciate your replies, he'll have to make his own decision.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zeng
I'm in agreement with OP in securing a Castrol 75W140 , not that others above are inferior.

If differential, my preference is also Castrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back