2011 Ford Ranger OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Im new to this site and ive already learned a lot about various oils and oil analysis benefits . Im really starting to like the Pennzoil Platinum and ultra platinum oils

I live in MN and we use a lot of salt in the winter months so i typically have a FWD winter beater car and something nicer for the summer months. I bought this ranger as a work commuter for the summer months. the owners manual specs 7500 mile OCI and id like to try one of the pennzoils in it. This will be DD from about april through november and in that time frame i expect to put on anywhere from 7500 to possibly 9 or 10k miles before i dig the winter beater out. I know the motor oils will run those lengths but will Wix filters go that long? My local carquest has a half off filter sale every spring and i purchased a case of their premium filter which are made by wix. my taurus, focus and ranger all use the same filter so id like to only have to stock this 1 filter. If i need to step up to a better brand filter for the ranger i will but continue to run the half price wix on the cars.

i saw on the wix website that that the standard filter are only recommended for 7500 miles where the XP filters can go 10k. im asking this because ive typically buy oil and filters when they are on sale. right now im running dyno oil in the cars at 5k oci like recommended and ive never worried about the filter. Because of the miles i expect to put on the ranger i dont want to put 7500 on and maybe another 2k before parking it for winter.

If this experiment works well Ive even been thinking about switching my cars to PP as my supply of dyno oil gets depleted.

Thanks for the replys in advance. Great website!!! Jeremiah

Last edited:
I do 10K OCIs on both Fords, and used the MC FL 910 and the MC 2017 B filters. No problems.

I've found both the MC and Fram Tough Guard to keep the oil nice and clean throughout the oil interval. Unlike the oem, basic fram, and other jobber filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back