Springfield Gear Up Promo (expires 6-30-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was mentioned in another thread and i thought it deserved its own place since its a great offer.

Springfield is doing their Gear up promo again, which they did last in 2015.
"Purchase ANY new Springfield Armory® 9MM, .40SW OR .45ACP pistol February 1 - June 30, 2017 and receive..."

GearUp2017_TopLogo.png

GearUp2017_Gear476x486.png

You get 4 magazines, a double mag pouch and holster

There are even some 357 sig items listed on the magazine list even though its not mentioned on the main page.

This includes all of their XD, XDm, XDS, and 1911s.

https://www.springfieldpromo.com/
https://www.springfieldpromo.com/GearUp2017_MagazineList.pdf

The magazine list is on the link above which shows based on model number what you will get. It appears full size guns will get 4 full size mags, and the subcompacts will get 2 flush mags and 2 extended mags. The mags are tied to serial number so if you buy a 10 round compliant model you will get 4 of the 10 round mags even if you purchased the gun in a state that allows high cap mags.

"Springfield will ship the appropriate magazine capacity according to your serial # and State restrictions.
Springfield reserves the to substitute items of similar value if necessary."

The mag pouch and holster are part of the XD gear which they used to include in the box with all of their guns, but no longer do.

Quote:

Please allow 8-12 weeks for processing and delivery. For MUCH faster delivery, please redeem online!

Magazines will ship according to corresponding serial # information. No substitutions. Offer limited to one rebate per eligible firearm (subject to serial # and receipt verification). Offer valid on purchase of any NEW Springfield Armory® 9MM, .40SW OR .45ACP pistol purchased between February 1 - June 30, 2017. Please allow 8-12 weeks to process coupon and delivery of product. All redemption forms must be postmarked or entered online on, or before 11:59:59 CST July 31, 2017 to qualify. Springfield Armory® reserves the right to stop program at any time. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Springfield Promotions. Springfield Armory® is not responsible for late, misdirected or mutilated mail. All unauthorized or invalid submissions (including incomplete and illegible submission) will not be completed. Attempts to redeem product in a fraudulent manner is a violation of postal and other laws. Offer valid only in United States when purchased through authorized Springfield Armory® distribution. Void where prohibited by law, subject to tax, or otherwise restricted. Please contact the Department of Justice in your area regarding specific restrictions in your state. Springfield Amory® reserves the right to substitute items of similar value if necessary.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY® RESERVES THE RIGHT TO END THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME. PRODUCT MAY VARY FROM THOSE DEPICTED IN PHOTO. LIMITED TIME ONLY. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Hmm, might be time to finally get the 9mm EMP I've been looking at!

You like jams, stove pipes, and unreliability? More power to you.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Hmm, might be time to finally get the 9mm EMP I've been looking at!

You like jams, stove pipes, and unreliability? More power to you.

I carried an EMP for nearly 2 years before I traded it in for an DW ECO. Probably 3K rounds through it at least, never a problem with various types of ammo.

Originally Posted By: JDM396
I carried an EMP for nearly 2 years before I traded it in for an DW ECO. Probably 3K rounds through it at least, never a problem with various types of ammo.

You should have taken a class with Rob Pincus. You would have gotten it free, along with free ammunition.

Originally Posted By: billt460

You should have taken a class with Rob Pincus. You would have gotten it free, along with free ammunition.

Rob is right to a degree, but comparing a .45 subcompact 1911 to a one that was built the ground up for the 9mm is apples to oranges. Both the DW and the EMP I owned would've passed with ease. I have seen some high count officer sized .45s run very well but typically they were from a semi-custom company. Either way, with some of these 9mm offerings from companies that thought them through on a wide scale just don't show a ton of reported issues. Springfield did their homework on the EMP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: totegoat
I don't own any SF stuff. Don't think I will.

If you shot my .45 XDS 3.3, I believe you might change your opinion--everyone that's shot it so far wants one and a few of my friends have bought them. If you're happy and confident carrying a ____________ (fill in the blank) to the exclusion of all others, that's fine--but you're missing a lot of other good firearms technology. We live in an exciting time of firearms innovation. . .

Originally Posted By: totegoat
I don't own any SF stuff. Don't think I will.

Assuming "SF" means Springfield...

My Springfield "Range Officer" - a full size .45ACP 1911 - has been great. I've got about 400 round through it since I got it for Christmas (a gift from my wife) and it's been flawless.

It's a well built pistol. Nice tight fit on the slide. Very accurate.

Some ten yard off hand groups:

You can attribute the spread of those eight rounds to my own limitations. I've no doubt that the pistol would have put them all through one hole if I could hold it more steady.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
My Springfield "Range Officer" - a full size .45ACP 1911 - has been great.

Mine too. The only other 1911's I have that will out shoot it off a rest, is my Springfield Long Slide, and my Trophy Match.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Rob is right to a degree, but comparing a .45 subcompact 1911 to a one that was built the ground up for the 9mm is apples to oranges. Both the DW and the EMP I owned would've passed with ease. I have seen some high count officer sized .45s run very well but typically they were from a semi-custom company. Either way, with some of these 9mm offerings from companies that thought them through on a wide scale just don't show a ton of reported issues. Springfield did their homework on the EMP.

That's what I had read, that the EMP is more reliable than most 1911 style compact 9mm pistols since it was designed to be a 9mm from the beginning. Its a trade off, the EMP uses proprietary magazines, so they're less common and pricier. Either way, this will likely be a range gun (looking at the 4" barrel model) to supplement the P938, a nice jam or stovepipe might be good training (mostly kidding!).

That's what I had read, that the EMP is more reliable than most 1911 style compact 9mm pistols since it was designed to be a 9mm from the beginning. Its a trade off, the EMP uses proprietary magazines, so they're less common and pricier. Either way, this will likely be a range gun (looking at the 4" barrel model) to supplement the P938, a nice jam or stovepipe might be good training (mostly kidding!).

I'm not so sure about the less common part, it was easier and cheaper for me to pick up EMP mags than it was for me to find Wilson 9mm subcompact mags for my DW. Especially when SA runs specials on their accessories form time to time.

I just got my carry permit and decided to take advantage of this deal. Picked up an XD Mod.2 Subcompact in 9mm. Cabela's has them on sale for $469. This should make a great EDC gun. Now to hit the range and put some rounds through it.

Bought a SA EMP (not EMP 4) in 9mm last year. Have already put a good diet of factory and handloads through it and no failures or function issues. Reliable & accurate. It's the only Springfield I have ever bought. Only thing I've changed are the grips. Came with 3 mags. Absolutely no regrets.
Like it so well may consider getting a SA 45 1911.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
I just got my carry permit and decided to take advantage of this deal. Picked up an XD Mod.2 Subcompact in 9mm. Cabela's has them on sale for $469. This should make a great EDC gun. Now to hit the range and put some rounds through it.

Yeah the sub compact is a good starter gun. I can handle something bigger though and already have a shield which is 8+1 and very slim

901 Memphis: What do you mean " a good starter gun?" Your Shield carries 8+1. His Mod 2 carries 13+1 and 16+1. Even with his flush mag, he has 5 more rounds than you. Just saying.

Originally Posted By: FFFEMT
901 Memphis: What do you mean " a good starter gun?" Your Shield carries 8+1. His Mod 2 carries 13+1 and 16+1. Even with his flush mag, he has 5 more rounds than you. Just saying.

I was just saying it's a good first carry gun overall because it's got a short grip and good capacity and I wasn't trying to compare his gun to mine except for the fact that I already have a shield and my next gun will be something bigger.

By the way I usually pocket carry so my shields in 7+1 mode most of the time but do occasionally carry iwb with the 8 rounder mag

901 Memphis- I apologize. I thought you were saying that the Mod 2 was just ok for a starter gun. I have the XDsc9mm, which has been my EDC for 3 years. Just got XDs 9mm last Friday, and going shooting tomorrow. I'm giving up capacity for concealment.

Originally Posted By: FFFEMT
901 Memphis- I apologize. I thought you were saying that the Mod 2 was just ok for a starter gun. I have the XDsc9mm, which has been my EDC for 3 years. Just got XDs 9mm last Friday, and going shooting tomorrow. I'm giving up capacity for concealment.

You know, I was strongly considering a single stack for easier concealment. I got to comparing the XDS and the Mod 2 SC and I just didn't think that little difference in size was worth that much less capacity. Then again, I'm brand new to CCW so maybe I'll change my mind on that and have an excuse to get another gun too.
laugh.gif

Up until now, most of my shooting experience has been on a Glock 23. That's the wife's gun that we got when she was going to school for law enforcement. She really likes this XD though, so we may end up getting another one for her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back