USPU strikes again - Should I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered this filter off amazon for my grilfriend's Jeep Patriot and decided I could save a dollar and not ship it by prime. The post office kicked it around pretty good when they delivered it. It was shipped in factory box with a white sealed plastic bag around it, no protection. It had a box of 6 oil filters on top of it when it was on my porch. Should I use it or send it back to Amazon? The date code says 112316MM3 01:55, anyone know what that means?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kool1
I would try to straighten the pleats with tweezers or needle nose pliers.

That's the best I can do.

I thought AC Delco air filter was very highly regarded here on the form. This one just looks kind of shotty all around. Paid $17 for this instead of picking up a 7$ Fram at Walmart. Any opinions out there on these filters?

Last edited:
Just let Amazon know it arrived damaged and they'll send another out. You may or may not have to send that one back.

You paid 100% of the price for a product. To get any less than 100% condition is absurd.

If you call Amazon and tell them what happened, I wouldn't be surprised if they either credit you back for part of the purchase price, or ship you a free replacement.. or maybe even both.

I ordered some headlamp HID bulbs a while back, and when they arrived, the plastic shell around one had completely come off and was sitting loose in the box, leaving the bulb exposed. When I called Amazon, the rep immediately credited me 40% back, and asked if I wanted to use them or get a new one. I just kept them, checked the bulb and used it. Working set for 60% of the already discount price. Nice.

IMHO, your air filter still appears serviceable, and if it were me, I'd use it, but you should do what makes you feel secure about your engine.

Probably not worth the risk to try to use it because any small holes could let dirt in, although it appears that be intact from the pictures.

I would definitely contact Amazon they should send you out a new one without any trouble

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
did amazon package it or one of their many vendors?

Original Auto Parts Xpress was the vendor. They didn't do a good job packaging it.

That's a usable filter....... Your motor will not blow up from using it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
What is USPU is that similar to fedex smartpost?

United States Postal Service.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
RockAuto has the Fram air filter for that Jeep for $2.43. Denso $4.73 and Bosch $4.76. Many other for under $4.00 each.

Have a Look

Then there is the freight which is probably as much as the filter.

Last edited:
I would file for a replacement, and would fill out the packaging survey if they send one. Or request a refund and go buy one in town. Amazon returns and warranty replacements have always gone smoothly for me.

You bought and expected an air filter, not a smashed air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back