OTC fuel injector cleaner system.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, the metal cylinder that powers your engine off snake oil and compressed air. Since I have a few cars I'm thinking of buying one, and either using BG or Seafoam. A single service cost a bit less than the unit(100-120ish). Ebay has $20 discount on car junk now. I would need to buy a Ford adapter, so I'm looking at about $150.

I figure at this mileage I can clean up some of the injectors, valves and maybe some carbon on the pistons.

Thoughts?

highly diluted techron (or any solution in a bottle) is no match for a truly clogged fuel injector. The OTC system works well; as does removal, analysis, and cleaning. (I'm certified in OBD I FI systems)

I don't know whats in BG but seaform is only light oil and IPA about 25% and maybe some naptha. I would not pay $150 to run cleaner through them. I'd use berrymans b-12 for about $2.50 a can.

You could buy a gallon of denatured alcohol at home depot for $15 or Xylene for $18. That would give you many 8-12oz shots to add to fuel. For a lot less than seafoam.

To appease CA, Berryman's famous chem-dip was forced to change to an eco-friendly brew that is inferior IMO. Which has me questioning the effectiveness of all their products. Currently using Gumout Multi-Sytem Tuneup from walmart. Its part Seafoam, part techron. The truck is definitely "seems" smoother, "seems" to be less startup noise. It has IPA, "maybe" there actually was water in the tank. Its wet and cold here. But hey, who "really" knows if this works. Will it hurt the catalyst? Not sure. Any chemical solvent is potential threat. It says you can put it in the oil. I plan to try that at the end of an OCI next month. Maybe take a picture of the dipstick before and after a few hundred, then 1k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back