Added small rear spoiler to Caprice.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Thanks folks!

I added it to kind of break up the bulbous rear end.
I think it helped plus is looks less Impalaish now.
smile.gif

Looks better than the HSV Grange that I posted the link to for sure.

(Posted the Grange so that you can see how they look with more sporty ride hieghts)

Thanks Shannow,
I like that ride height. The police options sits high so it does not drag on anything when going over curbs.

Wanted to break up the large rear end. Cost 50 bucks with paint to match.
I like it. Next thing is lowering it. I may use Chevy SS springs or G8 Eibach.
So far? love this car. Such a sleeper.
smile.gif

hey i just got a caprice 9c3 and in was wondering where you got that spoiler from? Did you make it yourself or you bought it online? if you got it online mind dropping a link cause it think this fits perfectly on the caprice

That one looks good for that application.

Spoilers etc. are like hats. You gotta try 'em on AND some just look better than others.....AND it's highly subjective.

In no particular order:
1) They're often an appearance option so don't lose sleep over it.
2) "Real ones" on racing cars are fitted and tested for function. Hey, I don't run race car tires.
3) "Don't install one if drilling holes is involved" would be my example for anyone to see if they wanted to look. It's their car; paint it purple with orange tiger stripes if you want.
4) They're not my bag. Even the "scoopy, deflector ones" Chrysler put on their wagons' roofs in the '70's didn't work. That was a real, formative heart breaker.....ruined my childhood.....(sniff sniff)

Thanks folks!

I added it to kind of break up the bulbous rear end.
I think it helped plus is looks less Impalaish now.
smile.gif

Just for a side note the Caprice's instrumented top speed is 154 mph. Not that mine will ever see that. I am not even sure any spoiler that small will help.

They could help. There's a good chance the spoiler increases the pressures on the trunk and the rear window, reducing drag and lift. Of course the wake behind the car is larger and different now, so likely increases drag there, but can't know for sure without testing.

Spoilers are mainly just for looks on most cars and I think they do a good job of that.
Yeah it helped break up the rear a bit and make it look less like a police car. There are so few in service now no one even gives me a second look.

Back