Post milestone or just plain fun odometer pics!

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Took this picture on Feb 2 driving into work.

225k.jpg

Filled up today (Feb 8) on my way home @ 225,568 miles.

I have to ask, is this the original engine, and (especially) the original 6F35? What sort of stuff have you had to replace on it to hit that?

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Took this picture on Feb 2 driving into work.

225k.jpg

Filled up today (Feb 8) on my way home @ 225,568 miles.

I have to ask, is this the original engine, and (especially) the original 6F35? What sort of stuff have you had to replace on it to hit that?

Still on the original engine and original 6F35 trans. In fact, up until 215,000 miles, it even still had it's original FoMoCo iridium spark plugs. Still had the original Electronic Throttle Body until I replaced it about 2 weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it's still got its original Coil-on-plugs... which I plan to replace in the next month or two.

Before I got it, a few things were replaced/serviced as part of TSB/recall work, like the dipstick, transmission and ETB reprogramming, etc.. but that's it.

I've replaced the Belt Tensioner, spark plugs, and Throttle Body. Aside from that, I've just been very good about maintenance. I change the oil at 7,500 miles (except for the latest one, which was 9,000 miles on PUP) and always use a new filter at each change. I do a trans fluid drain & fill every 25,000 - 30,000 miles. Air filter is also inspected regularly and swapped out when necessary.

Tires are rotated every 10,000 miles, and replaced when they get down to around 4/32. As you can imagine, they tend to last longer due to the highway miles.

It's due for a new valve cover gasket, which I've already purchased. I expect to be putting that on sometime in the next couple weeks, at which time I'll have a look underneath to assess the condition of everything underneath the cover.

I check fluid levels and tire pressure regularly, inspect the engine bay every time I'm in there to do any other work, and I pay attention to any new sounds or strange behavior. I also run Torque Pro on my phone to monitor temps and MPG.

.. of course, it also helps that about 90-95% of the miles on the car are highway miles. Even in Phoenix weather, they're far easier on the car.

Not mine, can't take credit.
Taken from another board I frequent. A dealer posted this pic of a trade in Ford Superduty with the 6.7 Powerstroke.

I always take a picture every 10k for some reason. Rolled over to 60k today, no longer under warranty. I actually bought it exactly 4 months ago today on 2/9/17 at 51,935 miles so basically 52k. A perfect 2k miles per month.

Back