DG 601 and DG 10 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been here for a while. Hope everyone's doing well.
smile.gif

So, I have decided to use DG 601 and DG 105 combo on wife's 2014 Mazda6 (After wash and clay)

Directions on the 601 (Bonding agent) on Autogeek says to apply, let dry to a haze, and then apply 105 on it, and buff off.
- My question is after applying the 105, do I wait AGAIN to dry to a haze, or just buff off immediately?
- Other question: I want to top off the 105 after letting it cure. Normally I have to WAIT for it to cure to apply a final "topper", but with 601, I shouldn't have to? Is that correct?
- I like OCW (Optimum Car Wax) spray. Is that a suitable "topper" after the DG process?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I would let the 105 dry before buffing it off. I would also let it cure 24 hours before topping it off. As for toppers, I'd stay in the family and top it off with Aquawax. You can always call up DG and ask them the same questions. The rep might even put you over to one of the owners to chat with. I'm looking forward to the spring time clean up/detail.

For the ultimate topper, I'd say use some 111 which is a pure sealant with no cleaners in it.

Last edited:
Thanks much for the response. will do as suggested.
I do have a gallon of Aquawax from DG. Wonder how its durability compares to OCW.

AW isn't too durable, prob a few weeks for a light colored car that sits outside all the time. But its easy of use, slickness and shine are very good. Optimum prob has better durability I'm guessing.

yeah I might just OCW. I already have a bottle - and just use AW for upkeep.
Car is garaged at home but sits outside at work. (it's a slightly dark blue.)

Apply both Duragloss products at the same time.
Mix three parts 105 to one part 601. Give them time to haze over and buff off.
Duragloss Aquawsx is a perfect topper the next time you wash.
My favorite products and lasts a very long time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Apply both Duragloss products at the same time.
Mix three parts 105 to one part 601. Give them time to haze over and buff off.
Duragloss Aquawsx is a perfect topper the next time you wash.
My favorite products and lasts a very long time.

This works well, I've done it several times. I actually like 501 a little better than 105.

501 has a little more cleaning ability than the 105 as I recall. The extra cleaners prob aren't necessary since using the 601 imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back