Gumout Q&A - Best bang for your buck with Multi-System Tune-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
Subject: Getting the best bang for your buck with Multi-System Tune-Up

As seasons go, we all know how brutal winter can be on our engines. From sub-zero temperatures, to snow-covered roads requiring your car to work overtime � it�s not easy.
Now think about this � maybe you have a snowblower at home � how hard does that engine have to work? How about when spring rolls around, and you pull your lawncare equipment out of the garage?

It�s been sitting there for several months in the cold of winter � how can you help it come out of the gate swinging when you bring it back to use?

Good question, that�s where Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up comes in.

Multi-System Tune-Up is designed to help you achieve peak performance with all of your engines, large and small. From your primary automobile, to your winter snowblower, summer lawnmower, even your ATVs and personal watercraft. Gasoline, Diesel, Flex Fuel/Ethanol, Motor Oil� Multi-System Tune-Up has you covered.

We�ve put the work into developing the product to outperform the competition, and we�ve got the science to prove it works. You can visit our website https://gumout.com/prove-it-science/ to learn all about the additives that go into Multi-System Tune-Up helping it clean condition and protect your engines.
Now we want to hear from you. Post your questions about Multi-System Tune-Up.

We will share your questions with our Gumout team that includes scientists, and product experts to give you the best possible answer at our disposal.

This thread will be open for question submissions until February 16th at which time we will send them to our Gumout team, to provide as many answers and recommendations as they can over the course of the next week. The more detailed your question is, the better equipped we�ll be to give you an answer.

We are extremely excited to provide you with this opportunity to pick the brain of a Gumout fuel additive expert, but we do have a few requests:

1. Please use this forum ONLY to submit questions. If you have previously posted questions on other areas of the site, we will do our best to find them and provide answers, but your best bet is to repost the question in this thread.

2. Please understand that there will be some questions that we will not be able to answer. Some of our formulation information is proprietary, such as how much of a certain additive we put in our products, and can only provide feedback on our areas of expertise.

3. Please understand that we will not speculate on the products of our competitors, but we may be able provide you with ways to determine what they may have in their formulations. Not all fuel additives are created equal, so question claims and benefits and demand more information on what is in the product, what tests were used to determine efficacy and what were those results.

We look forward to your questions!

On your website advertising this product, you have this image:

Are we to believe that these results were achieved just by adding Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up to the oil? If so, what dose and treatment cycle do you recommend?

Your product contains isopropyl alcohol. Since E10 already contains 10% alcohol, what would justify adding even more?

In the past, I've used "Kreen" engine treatment to help clean up any unseen gums, varnish and build up under the valve covers. The oil came out filthy after those treatments with a smooth running engine. Now, I just use modern motor oils, (conventional or synthetic), run at a normal interval, to keep things maintained during my OCI. Clearance oils are my choice.

For the past several years, I use tcw-3, mixed 50/50 with Chevron Techron FSC or Sea Foam, as an additive to my fill up. The dose is 1.25 ounces of TCW-3 to each gallon of gasoline, with 3 ounces of Chevron or Sea Foam added to the TCW-3 as a carrier, in order to keep the fuel pump and upper cylinder's lubed. IMO...ethanol is hygroscopic and attracts moisture while the low dose of TCW-3 offsets the harmful effects of moisture entering the fuel. Engines run smooth and the TCW-3 is ashless and burns off clean in the cylinder.

Works for me and it's relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:
How does the Gumout compare to Redline SL1 for fuel system cleaning ? Will your product clean & remove carbon deposits better than Redline?

Does This product clean injectors better than gumout all in one?
Which is your best product for off season storage/fuel stabilization/minimize varnishing in small carburetor passages?

On the 24 hour corrosion test why do 2 of the pictures of the metal rod look the same and 2 are different colors? Why not use the same color metal rod for the test?
Also you have a million dollar company why are the picture so BLURRY? I can take 100% more clear pictures using my toaster, or cell phone.

I'm running PennzoilUltraPlatinum0w20 and a synthetic oil filter along with a Greddy drain plug, top tier 87 octane ethanol-free, and occasionally adding a small amount of Gumout All in One to my tank. Is there anything else I can do to keep my internals cleaner or is my methods enough. What's the improvement over Gumout All in One as it runs the best in my application and appears to have the best additives in its package. Throttle plate has been cleaned regularly and a nano dry air filter is used also. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where was your question?

Originally Posted By: mongo161
In the past, I've used "Kreen" engine treatment to help clean up any unseen gums, varnish and build up under the valve covers. The oil came out filthy after those treatments with a smooth running engine. Now, I just use modern motor oils, (conventional or synthetic), run at a normal interval, to keep things maintained during my OCI. Clearance oils are my choice.

For the past several years, I use tcw-3, mixed 50/50 with Chevron Techron FSC or Sea Foam, as an additive to my fill up. The dose is 1.25 ounces of TCW-3 to each gallon of gasoline, with 3 ounces of Chevron or Sea Foam added to the TCW-3 as a carrier, in order to keep the fuel pump and upper cylinder's lubed. IMO...ethanol is hygroscopic and attracts moisture while the low dose of TCW-3 offsets the harmful effects of moisture entering the fuel. Engines run smooth and the TCW-3 is ashless and burns off clean in the cylinder.

Works for me and it's relatively inexpensive.

What if I want to add a small amount of one of your products each time I add gasoline to my tank for maintenance purposes? Is Gumout Multi Sysytem Tune Up appropriate foe this? If so, how much should be added? I want to do this in a direct injected gasoline engine to keep the injectors and combustion chamber as clean as possible.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Are we to believe that these results were achieved just by adding Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up to the oil? If so, what dose and treatment cycle do you recommend?

Those pictures are for their Gumout High Mileage Oil Treatment.
High-Mileage-Oil-Treatment-with-Stop-Leak-21.png

I have no questions. To each their own....I posted my response to the statement about what I use to try and keep my engine clean and maintained. I've used the Gumout all in one in the past, as a carrier additive, to TCW-3 during each fill up of gasoline.

I'm not picky.....I've also used MMO as a carrier additive to my dose of TCW-3. When I make up a batch of doses for fill up time.....I use whatever fuel system cleaner, that is on sale or clearance, to add to my mix with TCW-3.

For convenience sake, I usually have a stash of 12 empty Gumout Regane and/ or empty Lucas fuel system cleaner bottles ready to be filled with 4 ounces of TCW-3 and whatever fuel system cleaner additive, to top off the 6-ounce bottles.

I store these filled 6-ounce filled bottles in empty containers....ready for re-use. I recycle these empty bottles each time I make up a new batch of the blended mix.

Will I achieve better results from Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up vs Chevron Techron or ACDelco Fuel System cleaner? Will the Gumout product reduce carbon around the rings of my LS engine which can cause startup noise in the morning?

When is the best time to use it in gas tank? Run out a tank of treated gas right before oil change, or treat a tank of gas after an oil change. I have read conflicting information about when to treat a tank a gas, so that's why I am asking the question. When I use Regane for example, I run out a tank of treated gas right before an oil change, but still not absolutely sure if it matters or not when I use it.

Here is the instructions for Regane taken directly from the Gumout website:

"Oxygen sensor safe. Safe for use in turbocharged and supercharged vehicles. Will not void OEM/manufacturer’s warranty. Add entire bottle to nearly empty gasoline tank, then fill tank with up to 21 gallons of gasoline. For best results, do not refill tank until near empty. Use every 3,000 miles."

https://gumout.com/fuel-additives/regane-complete-fuel-system-cleaner/

Thank you for your questions! We will post the answers as soon as we get them back from Gumout.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back