peak syn blend hdeo 15w-40...yay or nay for bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
advanced auto parts has peak syn blend hdeo 15w-40 on sale for $13.99 per gallon (down from $18.99) and I am researching it for use in my Honda Shadow 750 & possibly a 125cc air cooled scoot I might get (scoot spec'ed for 15w-40); I have used various 40wt bike oils, atv oils, pcmos, and hdeos in my metric bikes with no problems so I don't see any issues...

http://www.peakauto.com/products/motor-oil/diesel-motor-oil/heavy-duty-synthetic-blend-15w-40/

anyone got experience with peak oils? peak made by wpp/wne who makes supertech for walmart?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kmrcstintn
advanced auto parts has peak syn blend hdeo 15w-40 on sale for $13.99 per gallon (down from $18.99)

Shell Rotella semi-syn T5 is $15 at O'Reilly's and has a $5 rebate.

Originally Posted By: kmrcstintn
Peak is made by wpp/wne who makes supertech for walmart?

yes, typically - also Rural King/Harvest King and Traveler at TSC.

Last edited:
I used to use the higher viscosity oil in my early 70's CB-750, after all, how many ride when it's 30 degrees out?

With my newer Honda CB-1100 I stick more to the book reccomended 10w-30, still a good quality oil. I have read on the CB-1100 forum of guys having shifting problems when varying by to much with the oil. I'm not one to be afraid to deviate a bit from the book, but in this instance, I don't much.

That said, I'm not the type to get the Honda oil at $8.95 a QT. I find a suitable replacement.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
I used to use the higher viscosity oil in my early 70's CB-750, after all, how many ride when it's 30 degrees out?

With my newer Honda CB-1100 I stick more to the book reccomended 10w-30, still a good quality oil. I have read on the CB-1100 forum of guys having shifting problems when varying by to much with the oil. I'm not one to be afraid to deviate a bit from the book, but in this instance, I don't much.

That said, I'm not the type to get the Honda oil at $8.95 a QT. I find a suitable replacement.

there are high quality diesel grade 10w-30 oils available (none of the pesky friction modifiers that are in passenger car grade 10w-30 oils)...remembering several at walmarts in my area...Motorcraft, Shell Rotella T-5, and Chevron Delo XLE; I think Amsoil makes one or more full synthetic 10w-30 diesel oils you might want to research...I'm looking over the 15w-40 in their O.E. lineup as a possibility for the scooter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back