Who does the cooking in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife and I split it about evenly. Married 13 years 3 kids. I work full time and she's home with the kids full time. I think nothing of coming home from work and cooking dinner, she does the shopping and will make sure some of the prep work is done generally. We are both pretty good cooks. Our friends are generally amazed at the food we make when we have people over.

Eating good food is one of those basic, fundamental joys of life. Being able to make it for yourself and your friends and family is as important a life skill as any others IMO. If you've got a safe home, clean clothes, get regular action in the bedroom, and eat well you're pretty much set
smile.gif

jeff

I'm chief cook and bottle-washer. I do enjoy cooking for others as well as myself and have encouraged nieces & nephews to cook when with them. Both are coming along well and enjoy it.

Last GF always wanted to eat out "I'm too lazy to cook...it takes too long". Then she'd complain about the Visa bill at the end of the month. Patience was not one of her virtues. She'd never had a guy cook for her, make cocktails just the way she liked them, nor clean up the kitchen and sharpen her knives.

We didn't last. She preferred to drink her dinner.....

C'est la vie....

Wife only... years ago our youngest (about 4 then) wanted a tuna sandwich. The wife was gone and he was having a fit about it, so I gave in, found a can of tuna, opened it and dumped it on bread. It seemed way wrong, but I gave it to him anyway, falling apart. He took a bite and spit it out and threw the sandwich (missing me). I didn't know you had to drain it, add mayo, relish and whatever else. Ever since wife does not like me in the kitchen unless I'm getting something to drink.
She don't even want me to start the grill. I do get to pay the chow bill though, and eat what she cooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back