Sifting through WAY too many similar part Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blend Door Actuator in my sister's 2005 Freestyle is Clicking, and needs replaced. they took it to their local indie, and he said it was an inexpensive part(it is), but the labor would be huge b/c the dash has to come out.(totally wrong)
the part in question is directly behind the glovebox, and it's a 15 min fix max.

there are at least 3 different actuators with similar but different part numbers in the dash (automatic, dualzone setup, one for the recirc door, one for each of the front zones, etc.) each of which it seems has been replaced or superseded with revised parts, and the alphabet soup of the nearly identical part numbers is making me go crosseyed.

the one in question is the recirc door actuator, all the way to the right of the car.
the installed defective(Factory) unit has the following numbers on it:
5F93-19E616-CA
VP5F9H-19E616-CA

There seem to be at least 5 different 19E616's listed, each with a different part number attached(YH-1864, YH-1865, YH-1866, etc)

I need an assist from someone familiar with ford's parts systems(paging BDCardinal) as I want to use real Ford Parts.
(recently had to do the same job on my sable for the second time in 2 years, bought a dorman unit the first time, broke almost exactly a year later.) Sable has a slightly different system, different numbers, etc.

also in Dropping the Glovebox to to determine the proper actuator, I forgot to disconnect the damper from the left side, and snapped it's retainer in half(the white pushpin one in the dash.)
gonna need a part number for that too... unless I just have to buy the whole "Glove Box Door Check" as ford seems to want to call it...

Wish I could help you. You need to talk to a good parts guy at the local dealer who will take the time to do the research. I have always noticed that Ford does a lot of revisions on parts.

Last edited:
The problem being finding the good parts guy at my local dealer....
That is what I was attempting to do with this thread, by mentioning bdcardinal, since he IS a good Ford parts counter guy. I probably should have PM'd him...

If anyone in charge is reading this, the next round of updates needs a " notification when you are mentioned" feature. One of the other forums I'm on, as long as you put an ampersand in front of their username, Twitter style, it notifies them( ex: @earlyre)

Last edited:
Ok so something you need to know about Ford part numbers is the basic number. Every electric blend door actuator will have 19E616 in the middle of the part number. Sorry I wasn't on the computer much today, it was my mom's 70th birthday. PM me your VIN and I can send you the illustrations to pick out the right one. Blend door actuators are somewhat difficult to look up because there are vehicles with 4 of them. Even with the techs in my shop I have to show the picture or have them get the one out of they car they are replacing so I can get the engineering number. Also something with Ford parts, the number on the part is not the part number, it is an engineering number. The YH-XXXX numbers you are finding are the short numbers instead of the long numbers with a prefix, basic number, and suffix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back