Case for socket set

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of different Craftsman sockets and ratchets that I'd like to collect in a convenient case. The ones that they came in are too bulky and weird. Any ideas?

I'd agree with the socket rack, or Sears does have a good variety of smaller, undivided molded cases that are very nice for the price.

One idea is to use pouches. Klein Tools puts their name on good, stout ones.

In our industry, microphone pouches are available for sub-dividing tools.

I enjoy purchasing socket sets that include a carrier- preferably a hard clamshell case. Sparing that, I've been impressed with some of the magnetic socket holders and then there is always the basic socket holder as pictured above (also available in metal)...

These Craftsman come in several sizes. Using Warstuds socket holders, you can fit the basic SAE, Metric, short/long, set into these AND include room for ratchets and other goodies. You can easily transport this to your work area, making your tool collection modular. One for each size: 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2".

Craftsman-Mini-Plastic-Truck-Tool-Box.jpg

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
These Craftsman come in several sizes. Using Warstuds socket holders, you can fit the basic SAE, Metric, short/long, set into these AND include room for ratchets and other goodies. You can easily transport this to your work area, making your tool collection modular. One for each size: 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2".

Those look good.

Around Christmas time, Lowes had Kobalt sets for $10-$20 that came in a compact sturdy case. Came with the ratchet and a decent set of sockets.

Originally Posted By: ET16
Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Those look good.

+1

I'm going to grab two of them. They look good, and the price is right!

Originally Posted By: Warstud

I keep mine in a socket rack.

Who makes these?

Originally Posted By: ET16
Who makes these?

Just about everybody, but Warstud's picture appears to be the Craftsman version. I have a few, I got them to be a step up from the usual cheap metal rail/metal clip version. So far so good, but I haven't had them long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back