I bought a $400 camry with holes in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
That was a steal. And you would have the guts to under cut as a guy cuts price as you walk away. LOL. Kudos to you and your noreastern frankness. You got a real nice car there. She'd sell for at least $3,500 here in WI even with the hole. No knocks, squeals or abs lights?

Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Back in my late teens my mothers Corolla had a similar sized hole in the drivers floor. I pinched a road sign, cut it with a hacksaw, shaped it with paving stones, laid it on the floor then drilled and bolted it down.

There's an old computer case waiting for this duty. Pentium inside!!!

Originally Posted By: eljefino

There's an old computer case waiting for this duty. Pentium inside!!!

You have to put one of those stickers on the trunk.
grin.gif

Back in my late teens my mothers Corolla had a similar sized hole in the drivers floor. I pinched a road sign, cut it with a hacksaw, shaped it with paving stones, laid it on the floor then drilled and bolted it down. On the underside I cleaned it with a wire brush then sealed it with fiberglass paste and sheets. Shortly after my mom traded it in for a chevette. Gotta love road grime.

Slacktide_bitog: I've been oil spraying my cars every other year with Krown for awhile. $130.00 well spent.

i

You stole a road sign to save a few dollars buying some body steel? Hopefully that caused no one to have an accident?

Originally Posted By: buck91
You bought a winter car to protect a 15 year old, rusty camry?

Sure thing, Mr. Moneypants!

Dude, you're getting a Dell:

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Back in my late teens my mothers Corolla had a similar sized hole in the drivers floor. I pinched a road sign, cut it with a hacksaw, shaped it with paving stones, laid it on the floor then drilled and bolted it down. On the underside I cleaned it with a wire brush then sealed it with fiberglass paste and sheets. Shortly after my mom traded it in for a chevette. Gotta love road grime.

Slacktide_bitog: I've been oil spraying my cars every other year with Krown for awhile. $130.00 well spent.

i

You stole a road sign to save a few dollars buying some body steel? Hopefully that caused no one to have an accident?

I've had nightmares about that! Actually, it was a yellow "Broken road" sign hanging on by only its top bolt. Pretty irresistible when you're young and dumb.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
After the guy made his counter-offer I took another peek underneath and he said, "the rust is the same as it was a minute ago."
lol.gif

lol.gif

Pretty funny about the bill of sale as well! Looks like the SE version. How are the tires? Prez day sale coming up for DT/DTD.

Last edited:
It is a SE. It's weird in that it has a 3-spoke steering wheel while my other has a 4-spoke. Both are Japan-made models. The radio/clock/temp are amber-orange backlit in this and green in my other. Bizzarro world!

Matching Tiger-Paws with 6/32" left in 215/60/16 on steel rims.

Spare is a never-been-mounted michelin.

Yes, plus the ride will probably be a little firmer with the sport suspension. Also has black housed headlamps, fog lamps, prob leather wrapped wheel, chrome exhaust finisher. The previous generation (97-01) didn't haven a SE version. But there was from 92-96. My dad had a 92 V6 SE sedan that was pretty nice back in the day, taupe in color. Although he didn't like the rough ride compared to his previous car, an 86 Riviera. We tried to work a deal on a new Park Ave but the dealer wasn't budging.

I just junked a 98 camry, 3000 lbs, for $120. So, nope.

But I do try to get in for less than I can get out, one way or another.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
You might want to post a warning about the graphic pictures before gregk24 wanders into this thread.
grin.gif

confused.gif

Just having some fun, my BITOG friend. I remember a bit of anxiety you had (successfully) getting Honda to repair some minor surface rust on your car.

I recently told a person that I only harass (in fun) people that I like , and that I only like people that I respect.

I'm a huge proponent of having some humility and being a bit humble about oneself. No one is perfect.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

i

I've had nightmares about that! Actually, it was a yellow "Broken road" sign hanging on by only its top bolt. Pretty irresistible when you're young and dumb.

You are forgiven...
05.gif

I tried to buy a '98 cavalier this week that needed a LF fender, bumper cover, and marker light. Also a serious wash job(coming from a guy that doesn't wash his car) $200 wouldn't buy that gem, so I'm out.

So the valve cover gasket was dry like Stephen Wright's monologues and leaky like our Mexican border. Obligatory BITOG moment:

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
You got a real nice car there. She'd sell for at least $3,500 here in WI even with the hole. No knocks, squeals or abs lights?

You WHAT?? Why are cars so expensive in the US?

Unless things have changed a lot, that'd be 150 quid in the Yook and you might not get it.

Only thing I can think of is : No inspection locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back