Green Kendall GT-1 Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only 200 miles into this OCI, but I've already noticed two things about this oil in my car versus the Delo that was in it previously.

Firstly, the engine seems to operate a little smoother on the Kendall than with the Delo, so much so that I haven't felt the need to add any MoS2 this go around.

Secondly, it seems it might be a bit thinner than the Delo. Both are SAE 30, but my cold and hot oil pressure readings are slightly lower with the Kendall than the Delo, but not by much.

I cannot comment on consumption at the moment, but this engine has previously consumed no discernable amount of both QS 20W-50 or Delo 400 30 that were its two previous fills.

If anyone is interested, which I doubt you are, I'll be updating this on occasion.

It'll be interesting to see if the perceived smoothness lasts, it could just be the difference between old sheared stuff and fresh new stuff.
Slightly lower pressures could be good or bad - still in spec? If low pressure is more flow, and more flow helps with cooling, it might be what you want if too hot or it may not be what you want if you struggle to build/maintain temps.

To make the comparison fair you should add moly to the Kendall to have a closer match for the moly'd delo used last time round

Good to hear Red91, keep us all posted.

They are both SAE 30 oils, so a good comparison. Should be no shear problems with either.

Do you know what Group that old green GT-1 is ?

Last edited:
OK, so a strong and shear free oil, but not a long OCI oil.

How long will you keep it in there ?

It should have lots of zinc too, and idea how much ?

I'm glad you like it. I'm pleased with it so far. Thanks for checking it out.
smile.gif

Put about a thousand miles on this interval, so I thought I'd post my promised update.

No discernable consumption and the color has become an amber shade. About the same color of the Delo when I poured it in.

The Kendall still seems smoother than the Delo did, and oil pressure is still consistent.

Originally Posted By: Red91
Put about a thousand miles on this interval, so I thought I'd post my promised update.

No discernable consumption and the color has become an amber shade. About the same color of the Delo when I poured it in.

The Kendall still seems smoother than the Delo did, and oil pressure is still consistent.

...... from its ori greenish color , is that an indication of oxidation of base oil has begun ? IDK .
21.gif

Originally Posted By: zeng
...... from its ori greenish color , is that an indication of oxidation of base oil has begun ? IDK .
21.gif

Probably just the dye burning off. Royal Purple and Valvoline VR1 also lose their colors by a couple thousand miles.

Kendall GT-1 was the top dino back in the 80's - it had the nickname "green slime". I used it in my race cars for years before eventually switching to Mobil 1.

As mooferz said, just the green dye disappearing. I was told by SonOfJoe to keep watch on the color, as this formula has relatively low detergents, but so far its clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back