Got A New Flashlight...

Yes! I bet you will no longer accept the ricer LED tint from your next flashlight. Next time, try warmer tint and see if you prefer it to neutral but not everybody likes warm tint. I am still split on it. I have handful warm lights but not all of them are great. On the other hand, I am happy with all my neutral lights.

That Convoy is an excellent buy

Latest addition. I like the 0.2 lumen moonlight mode on this light.

DSC_7291.jpg

Originally Posted By: jcwit
$114 bucks for a flashlight, ya right!

Well one thing they are rated for is the ability to turn on and off in an explosive area with no spark. While I am seldom in a coal mine with exosive methane I could be in my boat's bilge with leaking gasoline.

Preventing a spark in a bilge filled with gasoline fumes is as they say "priceless"

Last edited:
check out fenix flashlights, some use only 1 or 2 aa batteries and are very bright and durable

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I collect flashlights... so I'm a little geeked at the moment.
I bought it because you can clip it on to your shirt and work hands free. Plus the end is magnetic so it will hang horizontely and project the light down. Seems pretty bright but will test it out when it gets dark. Got it at Sears for FREE with my SYW points. Lists for $5.99

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Gri...18/product.html

Haha, me too. I picked up something like that from Menards last year. It is kind of a turd but with fresh batts is super bright. Enjoy!

First... Yes I already replied.

Second... Clearly you have never relied on a flashlight to save your life. Example one- my fire helmet light. Example twp- my bedside light, which sits next a my means of home defense. Example three... Your choice of SHTF.

Originally Posted By: buck91

First... Yes I already replied.

Second... Clearly you have never relied on a flashlight to save your life. Example one- my fire helmet light. Example twp- my bedside light, which sits next a my means of home defense. Example three... Your choice of SHTF.

Nope, your right, never used a flashlight to save my life, at 73 I have many more issues needed to save my life and flashlight are not one of them!

YMMV

Nebo Slyde King Magnetic Work Light

I was at the local NAPA parts store and saw this on display and bought one. This thing is magnetic and slides open to make a really nice work light. Recharges with a micro USB port in the light and a USB plug on the other end that plugs into your computer, car, etc. Charger cord is included and the light uses a built in lithium battery.

Last edited:
I just got this bushnell for $8.91+ tax at sam's club.
1000 lumen high power
325?

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/bushnell-f...por:product:1:7

runs on 9AA..comes with 9 AA

They are also run in parallel so you could use 3 or 6 batteries.

Haven't tried it yet with my NI-MH batteries.

Great light for under $10 with batteries.
Has decent to good throw, low power is adequate for anything that isnt long distance.

Thrunite makes some of the best flashlights but hard to get a good deal on them. how much?

757640537_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back