Hyndai / Kia - Still No Oil Life Monitors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that this has anything to do with culture.
Rather, it allows Kia/Hyundai to deny claims under a warranty that may be too generous for the product as designed and built.
They can always claim that if the owner had only followed the ridiculously short "severe service" OCI schedule, where this is basically defined as driving the car, then all would have been well.
An IOLM would do away with this loophole.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: madRiver
Every feature like this costs a manufacturer in engineering and material costs. This either adds to MSRP or eats into their profit margins. If consumers don't demand and I seriously don't think they consumers care about this vs Bluetooth connectivity for example why bother.

Perfect! You can bet if it didn't help sales or profits it would be extremely unlikely to be in a high volume vehicle.

Don't quit the day job!

While I wouldn't say that OLMs are at the intersection of "anal" ( rhymes with "raynal" if it's censored ) and "consumerist", I would say that I seriously doubt that most of these features that don't approach the "techie want" persuasion like Bluetooth and a bigger touchscreen are particularly revenue positive. There are features that appear and disappear that likely impact that scale considerably more than OLMs ever would.

It's a nice feature but not one that the average consumer who either takes good care of the vehicle or doesn't would be particularly enamored with in the same way...I've got to feel the money is in the soon to be mandated back up cameras and various collision avoidance devices and not in sub-features like OLMs located in a car where the purchaser is still surprised they don't even have a temporary spare.

My Sentra doesn't have one and I don't really mind one way or the other. I use the second trip odometer to monitor the OCI and change around 5k when it's due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back