BP/Castrol to return to F1 with McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add... From what I understand, the hold up with Shell and Mercedes is Merc insisting on a Shell Helix branded product in North America and refusing to have Pennzoil associated with their name in anyway. Keep in mind Shell Helix is the factory fill for Merc with the cars that come out of the Euro zone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Flying_A
Just to add... From what I understand, the hold up with Shell and Mercedes is Merc insisting on a Shell Helix branded product in North America and refusing to have Pennzoil associated with their name in anyway. Keep in mind Shell Helix is the factory fill for Merc with the cars that come out of the Euro zone.

Since when? MB is using M1 in Europe too, as Porsche too.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Factory/initial fill, not in service fill which obviously is M1... Some AMG models do indeed come from the factory with M1.

I'm actually kind of surprised Mobil isn't more closely associated with Haas F1. They are a primary sponsor on the Stewart-Haas NASCAR team thanks to Tony.

Factory/initial fill, not in service fill which obviously is M1... Some AMG models do indeed come from the factory with M1.

That is first time I hear that! You have any article anything about that?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I'm actually kind of surprised Mobil isn't more closely associated with Haas F1. They are a primary sponsor on the Stewart-Haas NASCAR team thanks to Tony.

Maybe Ferrari and Shell would rebel.
wink.gif
I'd like to see a Pennzoil logo on the Haas cars.

That is first time I hear that! You have any article anything about that?

In Shell's own words:
http://www.shell.com/motorist/oils-lubri...l-ab-5w-30.html

It is outlined in the second bullet point.

^ Interesting. Did not know they are factory fill.

Goes to show these contracts are nothing but a money/marketing revenue source. Business goes to the highest bidder, or lowest in this case.

^ Interesting. Did not know they are factory fill.

Goes to show these contracts are nothing but a money/marketing revenue source. Business goes to the highest bidder, or lowest in this case.

Of course! My service advisor at BMW, first time I was there, gave me lesson why to use BMW oil. I said: so engine will blew of if I do not use BMW oil, since on cap it says Castrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back