Liqui Moly Longtime High Tec SAE 5W30 on Ford Esc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I need your advise on my first oil change in my new Ford Escape 2015 ecoboost 2.0
Unfortunately I am unable to find Mobil1 oil and I finally end up buying Liqui Moly 5w30 longtime high tec, so far I see that only meets the 917-A standard, is there a problem if I use this oil ? Is safe to use it?
Thanks for the advise,

Should be safe but you might want to use something that protects ur warranty. Its the first time iver ever heard of Mobil oil being hard to find..nevermind just noticed ur in Chile.

Welcome to bitog
smile.gif

Last edited:
Ford may insist on a Ford WSS-M2C946-A spec oil here if a warranty claim occurs.
Does Brazil gasoline have high or low Sulphur(?), like Europe has, because that's a low to mid saps oil there (MB 229.51, LL-04), the LiquiMoly you are using.

Your LiquiMoly is very good synthetic oil and will not technically harm your engine at all.

Thanks for the welcome, yeap is hard to find here, theres a lot of Shell oils but between Shell and Liqui jejejeje I prefer LQ

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Where did you buy the ford and what do they recommend?
Can you use the shell or castrol product finder in your country?
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Where did you buy the ford and what do they recommend?
Can you use the shell or castrol product finder in your country?

I buy it here, but they only suggest Motorcraft and is expensive because is only at the dealership and service here at the dealership is badddddd and expensive

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Ford may insist on a Ford WSS-M2C946-A spec oil here if a warranty claim occurs.
Does Brazil gasoline have high or low Sulphur(?), like Europe has, because that's a low to mid saps oil there (MB 229.51, LL-04), the LiquiMoly you are using.

Your LiquiMoly is very good synthetic oil and will not technically harm your engine at all.

Thanks for the advise, here in Chile we use Gas 93,95 and 97 but we use RON for octanage
I use 95 Chilean RON that should be 89 US

Originally Posted By: MrTechie
Thanks for the advise, here in Chile we use Gas 93,95 and 97 but we use RON for octanage

That is octane rating; I'm just saying your LiquiMoly Longtime Tech 5w30 is meant for low-Sulphur fuels only, like diesel or European gasoline. Here in the U.S., gasoline engines should use LL-01, MB 229.5 (not LL-04,229.51 you have). No big problem, you just have to change the oil a little early, as in around 6,000 miles with your Longtime Tech 5w30.
Maybe your country has low Sulphur gasoline??? If it does, your oil is fine.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies

That is octane rating; I'm just saying your LiquiMoly Longtime Tech 5w30 is meant for low-Sulphur fuels only, like diesel or European gasoline. Here in the U.S., gasoline engines should use LL-01, MB 229.5 (not LL-04,229.51 you have). No big problem, you just have to change the oil a little early, as in around 6,000 miles with your Longtime Tech 5w30.
Maybe your country has low Sulphur gasoline??? If it does, your oil is fine.

I see, in Chile the Gasoline standard is 15 ppm Sulphur I think is low right?

I see, in Chile the Gasoline standard is 15 ppm Sulphur I think is low right?

That's low-ish Sulphur; I guess it's low enough to use LL-04 229.51 motor oil. Europe has been at 10 ppm, and the U.S. at 30 ppm.

Big news: I see some U.S. EPA documents saying that now the U.S. has 10 ppm Sulphur limits on gasoline, as of Jan. 1, 2017 (Tier 3).

I know a guy who works at a refinery (30 years experience there). I'll check to see if some refineries are getting exceptions to the EPA regulation for 10 ppm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back