Indoor Thermometers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently bought one these thermometers and noticed last night that it said the humidity was LOW and it was at 29%. So I turned on both humidifiers and got it up to 35% and it was still LOW.
Now today it's at 30% and it says it's OK
It just doesn't make sense.

What you're referring to is not correlated solely to humidity; it's indicating a predetermined low, high, or OK "comfort level" factoring humidity level relative to the temperature.

68° is their low-end cut off.

It probably uses a multiple sample algorithm to weed out the spikes...like the one you get near the kitchen while steaming shrimp....

I have a vintage 1950s Taylor thermometer in my office that also measures humidity. I have a modern LCD one at home, which is currently inoperable due to the battery that exploded in it.

I love the old analog one. Plus it's much nicer to look at than another screen, IMO.

a504520a81e8469fb6b7350adf08ce7e1ff849ca.jpg

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
I have a vintage 1950s Taylor thermometer in my office that also measures humidity. I have a modern LCD one at home, which is currently inoperable due to the battery that exploded in it.

I love the old analog one. Plus it's much nicer to look at than another screen, IMO.

a504520a81e8469fb6b7350adf08ce7e1ff849ca.jpg

It's 55 degrees in your house?
shocked2.gif

That's just a random picture I found online.

Actually, it is 55 degrees in my house. That's what I turn the t-stat down to when I am away, haha.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
What you're referring to is not correlated solely to humidity; it's indicating a predetermined low, high, or OK "comfort level" factoring humidity level relative to the temperature.

68° is their low-end cut off.

I think your right....anytime the temp gets below 68 it says the humidity is low.

KDOAXS

Your home is too dry. For living in a place like Minnesota with your furnace constantly on in mid-winter, that humidity level should be above 55.

Anyone with sensitive skin (there are millions in USA) would be itching and flaking dry skin in your home, without any aid of special moisturizers. My humidity is always above 65. I like it where the windows remain dry, but bordering wetness / fog.

I have terrible sensitive skin - remain indoors for most of the day and all of the night and I'm not itching at all, here in cold Michigan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back