Chevron Techron at Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
So went to Costco and they had a 6pk of Chevron Techron FI cleaner for like $9 after rebate.

Bought a pack, since this price seemed really good. Overall all the cars are running fine so far and no problems.

Was just curious, if it's a snake oil or it actually works? If so, I'll use 1 bottle in each of our Civics and MB, maybe in the motorcycles too
smile.gif

What do you guys say?

Thanks for the help.

That is what is said.

I use the stuff (Techron Concentrate) annually. Always use it before a spate of local driving.

They say the PEA works on injector nozzles at shut-down.

Originally Posted By: Kira
That is what is said.

I use the stuff (Techron Concentrate) annually. Always use it before a spate of local driving.

They say the PEA works on injector nozzles at shut-down.

Is there a certain procedure for it? If so, can you please explain? I'll follow it. Thanks

Just add a bottle of it to the tank. I think there's 12 and 20 ounce sizes and I believe the dosage is 1 ounce/gallon. What he's saying is it's optimal to add it to the tank before you drive in your area (not right before a highway trip) because it cleans the injectors best on shut down. Clearly, there are more shut downs on 50- 5 mile trips than on 5- 50 mile trips. It'd still work, it's just optimal to do it this way. It's a very good product, and you got a great price on it.

I see the point, thanks very much TmanP. I usually do short trips on 2 of the cars, so will add that on next fill up and hopefully it'll be all good.

Yeah, it's an amazing price, really cheap!!!

I think what they sell is Pro-Gard in 16 oz bottles. Strange thing is that I can't find anything about it on Chevron's website other than product sheets. Techron Concentrate Plus is mentioned in the techron.com website.

Pro-Gard is only labelled as a fuel injector cleaner and not a valve deposit cleaner. It probably does clean injectors, but only to some point. It's not as concentrated.

I remember before Costco rolled out "Clean Power" and then "Kirkland Signature Gasoline" they has something on their website recommending that anyone wanting more than a basic level of detergents could by the Pro-Gard that they sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back