Liqui Moly anti friction engine treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good to using this product? My truck has 110,800 miles, my oil reports from Blackstone have been very good so far. Just looking for some added wear protection. I use pennzoil platinum pureplus HM now. I haven't had no major engine problems, other then replacing a oxygen sensor. I'm not looking for any major enhancements, just some added metal protection within the engine. Any users of this product, or better to just forget? For the records, I've never used any oil additives before. Thanks

Last edited:
Additives usually aren't necessary but the L.M. is not that expensive give it a try and see it the UOA is improved enough to warrant the cost.

I'm not usually one for additives except the occasional bottle of Redline SI1 in the fuel, but I really like LM anti friction because molybdenum is the main ingredient and is a good friction modifier - I noticed better mpg, quieter idle, slightly more willing to rev.
Not 100% sure but I think it helps with protecting the internals because less fiction should equal less wear and moly can provide a sacrificial coating that can buy you a few seconds in an emergency.
Definitely recommended
smile.gif

I have used it on and off, was not planning to add it to my last fill of M1 5W30 EP and then did put some in after I noticed some engine noise (like a quick rattle) that I had never heard with M1 5W30 ESP and vanilla M1 5W30. I felt that it made some difference then, but it was a subtle effect if there was really any at all.
Just be aware that adding this will turn your oil very dark!

Gonna try it out. First time using an additive with the oil. Still not due to change the oil for a few months, so won't know till late this year, Nov./Jan. Oil changes average out to around every 7 months. Nice to know about the dark color change in the oil. Seems like, most, are happy with this company and their products.

If you're referring to their MOS2 product, I currently have some in my Fusion. Added it in during my last oil change, and plan on running the current fill between 6,000 and 7,500 miles.

I don't run it at the full strength recommended on the bottle, though - I only add about 1/3 of the bottle of MOS2 per OCI, which works about to about 40% 'recommended' strength.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
If you're referring to their MOS2 product, I currently have some in my Fusion. Added it in during my last oil change, and plan on running the current fill between 6,000 and 7,500 miles.

I don't run it at the full strength recommended on the bottle, though - I only add about 1/3 of the bottle of MOS2 per OCI, which works about to about 40% 'recommended' strength.
Why not follow the product recommended dose?

That's a good question. Not sure I can really give you an answer that is.. scientific. I think it's just that I'm not 100% sure I feel comfortable loading up my oil with that much non-soluble material. The first time I used it, I just felt better starting off with only a light dose.

Just sort of stuck with the regimen since.

It helped quieter my engine. 4th gen hemi. I have used one bottle twice now for the two oil changes I have done myself since getting it with the 103,000miles on it when I got it.

I say TRY IT. Just for an interval if you can.

I ran it for an OCI or 2 in my Outback a few years ago.

Was it quieter? Yes. I've got a bit of the classic Subaru tick/piston slap.
Did my MPG improve? Yes. I noted some of my best averages during that time, BUT it was still within "margin of error" terms of 1-2MPG.

Gonna try it in my new to me Outback, as it has a timing chain and is a bit noisy as such and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back