STP Premium Air Filters

AutoZone description says either red or white synthetic media depending on application. I'd use one. MOST of the STP air filters I've installed over the years have looked just fine.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
AC Delco filters always show the best results whenever you see a rare air filter test

In the air filter tests I've seen AC Delco have been the only paper filters tested. Makes me wonder how they'd do compared to another premium paper filter like Motorcraft, Fram Tough Guard, or Purolator Pure One. I'd guess they'd all be about equal.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wonder if these are oiled? If it is, I might get one of these the next time I need an air filter. The red color looks cool
smile.gif

It looks like it could be a reboxed TG air filter. The writing on the filter looks like Fram's, and it is made in USA, at least the PSA4309 is.

Right now, I have the P1 air filter PA24278, which is a pretty blue
smile.gif

From my experience best filtering paper was ACDelco. With that said any paper filter, that fits properly, will offer more than suitable protection.

I almost bought the STP. They look really nice but NAPA had a WIX 60% off sale. I got an engine air filter and cabin air filter, both for $18 total. Less money than the single STP. The Wix looks really good, better than the standard Fram I saw at wal mart. AC Delco would be a first choice but they only at the dealer around here and I won't pay dealer price.

Any member updates on these?. … just put one in the Tahoe … looked like well made filter to me …

Any member updates on these?. … just put one in the Tahoe … looked like well made filter to me …

They are quite good man... Even use fine dust for their ISO 5011 testing. Which is a much better test vs a test using coarse dust.

Back