are front sensors o2 the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to replace B2S1 on the V6 camry.

Denso has it marked LEFT UPSTREAM.

The upstream part is 100% correct but i'm thinking on a V6, the bank facing the fans is bank2. Which should be a RIGHT bank, not left.

Either way, looks like the LEFT upstream is cheaper and has the longer wire. According to Rockauto they do not looked keyed any different plug wise. So my question is are upstream sensors the same minus wire length? This way i get the longest wire and zip tie it to something, rather then getting the shorter one and being left useless?

I did some amazon reviewing and like 3 customers claim the wire to be short and had to move the harnesses around, but they all bought the short wire sensor. So my logic now is why buy the more expensive sensor with less wire.

Price is $50 Vs 88.

Your front O2 sensors are probably wide band sensors. Also known as air/fuel ratio sensors. They are quite expensive but do a much better job of fine tuning your fuel ratio for better fuel economy.
My wife's 2009 sienna has front air/fuel sensors and I don't look forward to replacing them.

Originally Posted By: Iowegian
My wife's 2009 sienna has front air/fuel sensors and I don't look forward to replacing them.

Then dont? 275k miles on my last Honda, OEM sensors, still got over 30 mpg like it did when new.

Look up the parts on a parts dist. web site and see if the part numbers are the same.

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle

The upstream part is 100% correct but i'm thinking on a V6, the bank facing the fans is bank2. Which should be a RIGHT bank, not left.

Either way, looks like the LEFT upstream is cheaper and has the longer wire. According to Rockauto they do not looked keyed any different plug wise. So my question is are upstream sensors the same minus wire length? This way i get the longest wire and zip tie it to something, rather then getting the shorter one and being left useless?

I did some amazon reviewing and like 3 customers claim the wire to be short and had to move the harnesses around, but they all bought the short wire sensor. So my logic now is why buy the more expensive sensor with less wire.

Price is $50 Vs 88.

Bank 1 is facing the firewall, bank 2 is facing the fans. If the front of the engine is facing the pass side fender and you turned it longitudinally in the engine bay with the front of the engine facing the radiator bank 2 would be the left bank I would think. L/R is always looking from the drivers seat. Its early in the AM so correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway to answer your question there is no difference at the business end of the sensor just the wire length and maybe the connector but its usually only a different color on the connector. Just make sure the +12v and neg are in the same position in the connector in case they did something weird (doubtful).

Toyota O2

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle

Price is $50 Vs 88.

Bank 1 is facing the firewall, bank 2 is facing the fans. If the front of the engine is facing the pass side fender and you turned it longitudinally in the engine bay with the front of the engine facing the radiator bank 2 would be the left bank I would think. L/R is always looking from the drivers seat. Its early in the AM so correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway to answer your question there is no difference at the business end of the sensor just the wire length and maybe the connector but its usually only a different color on the connector. Just make sure the +12v and neg are in the same position in the connector in case they did something weird (doubtful).

Toyota O2

Right here is your answer.

Buy the sensor without the connector, save some dough, and splice the wire to the old sensor cable. I did this on 95 V6 and it's still working fine 8 years later. The connectorless sensor comes with a splice kit.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Then dont? 275k miles on my last Honda, OEM sensors, still got over 30 mpg like it did when new.

I've got around 160K miles on a Bosch aftermarket O2 sensor that still seems to be working fine.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Awesome!
I hope I have the same kind of mileage period, let alone on an O2 sensor.
My upstream sensor are wideband and cost about $160.
81,000 miles on it and it's in perfect running condition. Will try to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back