Fram Ultra Quality Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke the plastic seal on the box tonight. It's new, though maybe older stock. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

A22932 is the only code on the can. What do you all think?

This is my preferred filter. This is good reason to cut the seal and inspect prior to purchase.

Wow - wonder what percent of Fram users are actually on BITOG - so this is probably not a loner ...
I have 5 in stock and will check all ...

Get a hold of Motorking aka Jay and send him a PM or even call him. I am sure he will hook you up with a free replacement Fram Ultra. Every manufacturer can have a dud that makes it out to the market.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It looks like it was dropped and took a pretty hard hit.

Part of the ADBV is in the crimp seam. Definitely happened during manufacture.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Get a hold of Motorking aka Jay and send him a PM or even call him. I am sure he will hook you up with a free replacement Fram Ultra. Every manufacturer can have a dud that makes it out to the market.

Will do. As many of these as I have used this is the only issue I have found. Duds happen in all facets of life...

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett

Why is it so old ... date code says built the 293rd day of 2012. Where did you buy this filter?

Yes, always inspect any oil filter before purchasing (or at least before installing if bought on-line) regardless of brand.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Why is it so old ... date code says built the 293rd day of 2012. Where did you buy this filter?

Yes, always inspect any oil filter before purchasing (or at least before installing if bought on-line) regardless of brand.

Thanks. I had a feeling it was 2012 but wasn't 100% sure on the code. It was one of those 6 pack deals on Ebay or Amazon. The purchase was recent....

Definitely good to make the manufacturer aware for QC/QA purposes. I'll bet they comp you a new one.

So does fram put a light coat of oil inside all their filters? I looked at several at walmart that were like that, so I assumed yes. Anti rust prevention I suppose?

That filter is "old stock" that got knocked around in a back room somewhere. It's not representative of what we see on BITOG Ultras that are posted on here.

Get it replaced free of charge.

Originally Posted By: CKN
That filter is "old stock" that got knocked around in a back room somewhere. It's not representative of what we see on BITOG Ultras that are posted on here.

Get it replaced free of charge.

The box was undamaged, and no matter how much you knock it around I don't see that causing the ADBV to end up dislodged like that or crimped in the seam.

Thanks. I had a feeling it was 2012 but wasn't 100% sure on the code. It was one of those 6 pack deals on Ebay or Amazon. The purchase was recent....

I don't think the ebay purchase is to blame. If the box was in good shape then the filter had to be beat up before it went into the box. All the filter cases I've ordered have come through with the boxes in respectable shape, definitely nothing that would make you think they had this inside.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
So does fram put a light coat of oil inside all their filters? I looked at several at walmart that were like that, so I assumed yes. Anti rust prevention I suppose?

Yes they put an anti corrosion spray on them.

Broke the plastic seal on the box tonight. It's new, though maybe older stock. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

This is my preferred filter. This is good reason to cut the seal and inspect prior to purchase.

Very sorry you had this experience. I am sending you replacement filters as soon as you send your address. Thank you for providing clear pictures along with date code so we can investigate.

The second photo is a piece of the actual ADBV crimped RIGHT INTO THE SEAM?

I'll bet that is a very, very, very rare manufacturing defect.

That sucks, I was just about to order a 6 pack of the Ultra XG3600 filters for my Liberty from ebay. I changed the oil about 2 weeks ago and used up the last Mobil 1 filter I had. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back