Who does the cooking in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it's only me here, I do the grilling/cooking for my household. Tonight I had turkey sausage, onions, peppers and turkey burgers and smoked marinated pork loins
smile.gif

I generally don't cook very much...I will assemble food when I have to. Hummus + high fiber bread, cereal + milk, Taco Bell + wallet, things like that. I do grill at times when the weather is good, but that won't start up again for a couple of months.

My wife cooks dinner and complains bitterly about it...I tell her that she can find a full time job that replaces my salary and I will work part time like she does now and learn how to make dinner.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
My wife cooks dinner and complains bitterly about it...I tell her that she can find a full time job that replaces my salary and I will work part time like she does now and learn how to make dinner.

I sympathize, but that is dangerous ground, my friend. Try being very complimentary and thank her every time she cooks. I know, I know, you shouldn't have to do that, but it will change her attitude about it. I've been there before and learned some valuable relationship tools in the process.

I probably do 80% of the meal prep, planning and cooking.

Back when I sold the software company and "retired", my wife was still working. I picked up cooking to have dinner ready when she came home, and discovered that I really enjoy it. Now that we're both "retired" I still do the majority of cooking, especially when we have guests and large gatherings.

Not always. I cook about 60% of the time. I taught my lady how to better cook dinner. Now she enjoys cooking meals a lot. She does a very, very good job now. It's funny. Having taught her the very basics and now she has greatly expanded her abilities and she enjoys it now. Pretty cool.

Good to hear bbhero
smile.gif

I enjoy your cooking photos you showed as well
smile.gif
. I bet "the boss" is keeping a eye on you when you cook too

It's shared in my house but my wife cooks more than I do. She is a type 1 diabetic (skinny & tall) so what we eat tends to be on the healthy side with normal portions.

My wife cooks, her 25 yr old daughters are actually better cooks than their mother and they cook. So each female cooks 2 nights and I bring home Chinese one day a week. Sometimes I cook something easy.

I realized early on in our relationship that I could use the whole cooking situation as a learning tool for the both of us. She'd learned how to make some interesting dishes from her Mom, and my Mom taught me a few interesting ones.

That said, I probably have more interest in actually cooking than she does, so I do more of the cooking in our house, but not by a whole lot.

Originally Posted By: car51
..... I had turkey sausage, onions, peppers and turkey burgers and smoked marinated pork loins
smile.gif

How many pork loins did you eat?
grin2.gif

I am just getting back into cooking. I used to cook a LOT before kids. But I found the kids incredibly tough to cook for. They seemed to like my chow on special occasions but, the food jags and the preferences drove me nuts (I would bottle it up). I really learned to appreciate my wife, her patience with the kids and actually back to this thread her true international cooking skills. Now the kids are gone, it's a 50-50 think. I think tonight will be gai lan, BBQ chicken and Roquefort cheese pizza, and beef curry on brown rice.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I generally don't cook very much...I will assemble food when I have to. Hummus + high fiber bread, cereal + milk, Taco Bell + wallet, things like that. I do grill at times when the weather is good, but that won't start up again for a couple of months.

Agreed. I work 40 hours a week, she works 20-25 and has 3-4 days off a week, sorry hunnie, you're cookin.

BUT I do 85% of the cleaning. She's a slob....but an excellent cook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back