What's the best ow-20 oil for Toyota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

My Corolla use 0w-20 oil and the OCI is every 10k miles, after the Toyota free oil change I will change it myself. I was thinking about get the Toyota oil but it cost about $7 per qt, since my local WM carry most 0w-20 oil like Pennzoil. Castrol. Mobil 1. Valvoline. Royal Purple...and like Mobil 1 it always has the rebates, so it will be cheaper to get oil from WM.

City/HW driving 40%/60%

So what's the best ow-20 oil for Toyota?

Thank you very much!

Yes he did
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
Toyota 0w20 is in the top 5 for sure.

Doesn't have much in the way of specs and approvals...on any of the half dozen blends over the years.

I wouldn't bother with RP. Regular synthetics will do a good job as well. M1 EP for instance.

Yes, I did. But then I lost my email so I don't have the password now. I don't even know the user name now. Too bad.

anyway, I had been reading other post and found this

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
I have 3 UOAs - 2 with M1 AFE and 1 with TGMO. They're about even. One UOA was M1 in winter.

I don't think TGMO has anything over AFE. Not worth the money and effort to find TGMO when you can get AFE anywhere for a good price.

I think I will just use M1 AFE

Thank you everyone!

I would say the Magnatec 0w20 is the best. At least for my car it is. If I kept using 0w20 - magnatec would be my choice, but I gotta go through a stash of 0w40 first.

Last edited by a moderator:
TGMO is a great oil, but any of the 0w-20 oils available at WM will serve your Toyota well. My top pic is Pennzoil Platinum with Pure Plus. It has a high quality clean base stock and excellent additives.

Originally Posted By: Donald
NAPA at $2.99 / QT on sale.

I would buy the Pennzoil Platinum they have on sale any day over this... Especially for the same price!

Last edited:
Hi: I had to make the same decision with my 2015 Corolla. I was thinking about Mobil 1 0W-20 and talked to the parts fellow about it. He said Mobil makes the TGMO and pulled out the MSDS forms. As I recall, there was a difference in the composition but I can't remember the specifics. Based on that, I went ahead and decided to just keep using the TGMO. By the way, if you ask, sometimes they will give you a break on the price but lately they don't want to discount "fluids". It is worth asking. They also always give me a break on the Toyota filters/drain plug gaskets if I buy three at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back