Made it to 450000 kms

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2000 Corolla just rolled over to 450000 kilometers. Of course these aren't all my kilometers though. Still getting 34 mpg city/highway combined and not even using any oil. I'll put up a video of the momentous occasion later today

You must have Run Amsoil and changed it every 3.000 miles
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
You must have Run Amsoil and changed it every 3.000 miles
laugh.gif

All of my cars have made it pass 350 000km with convensional oil at 6250 miles (10 000km) OCIs.

Any engine now a days can go 300 000 miles (500 000km) with 10 000 mile OCIs.

Originally Posted By: 55Test
My 2000 Corolla just rolled over to 450000 kilometers. Of course these aren't all my kilometers though. Still getting 34 mpg city/highway combined and not even using any oil. I'll put up a video of the momentous occasion later today

thumbsup2.gif

My 2000 Corolla just rolled over to 450000 kilometers.

Great! But that's less than 280,000 miles, which is nothing for cars these days.

Call me when you get to this level, which is 414,467 miles. All of those miles are mine.
667019.jpg

Originally Posted By: CR94
That's in miles.

Impressive. I don't think my old Integra would have made it that far; its oil consumption was already pretty high at 414K miles.

I dig your 85mph Claybrook speedometer. My '82 Corolla had one of those, too; it was impossible to tell how fast you were really going...
howfast.jpg

Well, congrats to the OP. While engines today can certainly go that far when taken care of, the fact the vehicle itself made it that far is note worthy. Especially New Brunswick, since it is a marine province and subject to the same rust belt road conditions many of us are.

Remarkable.
They are the oil burner Corolla engines I believe.

Toyota Master Race.
Care to share maintenance history OP?

What year did Corolla have the odometer issue where it stopped working after a certain mileage? It was obviously not the 2000 model year.

Originally Posted By: cb450sc
What year did Corolla have the odometer issue where it stopped working after a certain mileage? It was obviously not the 2000 model year.

2004 to 2008 Corolla is what I'm reading on the internet.
Plus some Matrix models also affected.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cjcride
Originally Posted By: cb450sc

2004 to 2008 Corolla is what I'm reading on the internet.
Plus some Matrix models also affected.
Prius odometers around that time stopped at 299,999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back