Penrite Mbike oil heavy foaming AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI everyone wanted to post this ASAP I had a rough time with Penrite oil
my bike uses a 10W 40 and has since buying brand new. it used Semi synth Yami lube in 10W 40. When I bought the bike I did some research and found penrite was one of the only ones to use PAO/ESTER in their oils. And I was impressed.
I rang Penrite. And was advised to just use MC4ST pao/Ester 10W 40. I did. after about a week I started noticing things getting clunky in the gearbox and it was just not sounding not as good was whining a bit and hard to shift. SO I rang Penrite. and Asked what to do.

I consulted my manual with the tech on the phone. It gave me the option to go to 15W 50 in hot climates (i live in 80-115 F climate, high humidity) so he said its perfect.
so I changed (I was offered no replacement or refund, which I didnt really mind) SO I went and got 15W 50 PAO ESTER from penrite. well 1300-1500km in to that change. I noticed HEAVY FOAMING
Photo0052.jpg

here is a picture of the oil level on a level bike
Photo58.jpg

contacted Penrite. they were cool at first. got an oil sample. and after a week. they didnt get in contact with me. so I did.
and the rep has been a total D k head.
I gave him everything I asked I gave him the bottle, oil sample. I drained the oil yet again (again no replacement or refund offered) Im out of pocket quite a bit of cash for this. and ive got nothing but rudeness

just some points to get ahead of.
no overfilling see the above picture.
No coolant loss. I only just bought the bike is a very low milage bike. and compression tests were fine when I bought it recently. no leaks in coolant nothing.

at this point the relationship has broken down, and Im just urging people to go elsewhere for oil.

If you want an Australian blended oil you could try oil from this company http://www.tritechlubricants.com/lubricants/

I use their Motorcycle FS 10w40 its an SL MA2 rated oil.
I'm using in a Aircooled Yamaha XJR1300 without problems in Sydneys current heatwave conditions.
Motor & Gearbox are super smooth using this oil & i havent noticed any foaming in the sight glass after a ride.
Got it for $40.00 for 4 litre pack & includes overnight delivery from
http://www.streetriders.com.au/
I think Penrite use most of their budget on advertising these days, just go to any auto store ands theres Mostly Penrite on the shelves.

to be honest after posting here and facebook, I just got a call from the 2nd in charge at penrite. really disappointed with the way I was treated. so it looks like they are going to at least try to make things right.
and maybe I can become a tester for their bike products or something.
the ingredients are all there PAO/Ester high zinc. I think I either got a bad batch (they say their sample of that batch showed no irregularities) or ive become a victim of ppl doing oil swapping. they buy expensive oil, open bottle without breaking saftey cap refill with cheap oil and get refunds. Those 2 options could be the issue. (a supercheap rep told me they have had to start refusing oil returns because of it)

so willl see where it goes.
but I bought a new batch and ive put 500km on this batch and no foaming nothing. so something happened with that bottle/batch

The gearbox will churn quite a bit of foam. No cause for alarm. People forget that the oil is affected by different forces in a bike.

Your upper picture looks more like moisture condensation in the oil than actual foaming. If it were foaming, the oil volume would increase and visibly raise the oil level in the sight glass. Both levels look the same to me.

I've seen the same thing in my bike (1998 TL1000} from just about every oil used. Can some of the experts tell us if this is normal and is better than having the foam down in the oil?? All mc oils say they contain anti-foaming adds and maybe this is the way they work??

Anti foam adds are working fine, surface foam is nothing to pay attention to. Want foam, put some LOS and watch the stuff turn into a caramel milkshake.

Originally Posted By: jack11234
to be honest after posting here and facebook, I just got a call from the 2nd in charge at penrite. really disappointed with the way I was treated. so it looks like they are going to at least try to make things right.
and maybe I can become a tester for their bike products or something.
the ingredients are all there PAO/Ester high zinc. I think I either got a bad batch (they say their sample of that batch showed no irregularities) or ive become a victim of ppl doing oil swapping. they buy expensive oil, open bottle without breaking saftey cap refill with cheap oil and get refunds. Those 2 options could be the issue. (a supercheap rep told me they have had to start refusing oil returns because of it)

so willl see where it goes.
but I bought a new batch and ive put 500km on this batch and no foaming nothing. so something happened with that bottle/batch

Am I missing something? Within 5ish hours of your first post they got hold of you, sent you new oil and you put 500km on the bike?

they got a hold of me in 5 hours yes. in regards to the oil. this started last friday so I dumped it almost a week ago. and I was waiting to see what they were going to do to make it right. instead I got bad attitudes

yeah the non foaming picture is that bike dead cold being held upright.
I posted it for that very reason to show no over filling and no oil/water mixing

i have no coolant loss whatsoever as its essentially a brand new bike. under warranty compression is perfect. no head gasket issues nothing.

the only other way for water to get in there is what humidity? which is alarming anyway. that bike had came off a 45 minute highway ride at 55% max revs for 40 mins straight essentially . so it got up to operating temperature that should have been enough to get any moisture out.

they said that they want to get the sample tested by a 2nd company now to see what they say
a few bubbles is acceptable not the whole bloody sight glass

The response you are looking for will not show up lest it comes from an equally paranoid person. The foam forming at the surface is irrelevant to the function of the lubrication system as the the pickup tube is below that. I see no bubbles below the surface in that picture. When you have suspended bubble in the oil you can demand explanations. (preemptive explanation: someone added lucas oil stabilizer or similar).

Chill, and keep 'er shiny side up.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
The response you are looking for will not show up lest it comes from an equally paranoid person. The foam forming at the surface is irrelevant to the function of the lubrication system as the the pickup tube is below that. I see no bubbles below the surface in that picture. When you have suspended bubble in the oil you can demand explanations. (preemptive explanation: someone added lucas oil stabilizer or similar).

Chill, and keep 'er shiny side up.

I concur. You may be worrying a bit too much, either way, I am sure there are many here who will thank you for the warning about penrite oil. That being said, here is why I don't think you should be so concerned.

You said the bike had just been ridden before you took the foam picture, how long after you shut the engine down did you take that picture? Many motorcycles will have some foam on top of the oil for a few minutes after you shut it off. It usually takes a few minutes with the engine off for that to dissipate. If you took the picture right after you shut the engine off, that would be a normal amount of foam.

If you read your owner's manual carefully, the manual almost always says to run the engine for several minutes, then shut the bike off, park on level ground and read the oil level after waiting 5-10 minutes. This allows the oil level to return to normal and any foam to dissipate. I ride a 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, if I check my oil level right after I shut it off, the sight glass is bone dry and shows no oil. However, If I wait 2 minutes, come back and check the oil again, the sight glass shows overfull. If I wait 10 minutes like the owners manual says, the oil level is right in the middle of the sight glass, perfect.

Many of these newer technology motorcycle engines are a combination of a wet sump, splash lubrication and oil tank / dry sump lubrication system all in one. I know my Super tenere has all 3 lubrication systems going on in it. It actually has 2 oil drain plugs and requires the 10 minute waiting period like I described above. Even if your machine isn't as complicated, I am betting it is a newer bike and probably involves a rather complicated process to check the oil in the owner's manual, because of how the engine's lubrication system works.

I have news everyone.
oil sheared to 15W 40 in 1500KM or 700 miles. they cant explain the foaming . oil is not worth the money! to last that little. its really bad
[img:left][/img]

[img:right][/img]

Last edited:
I've never seen foaming in any bike with a window, that looks pretty bad. I've never used a Penrite motorcycle oil, but that doesn't look good. I do use their car oil in bikes, and I have no windows to disturb my peace of mind. Paint it over.

an update the test was done with parameters that it was a diesel fuel. so that is the high TBN, I actually have 3.6% fuel in there so i have to figure out why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back