Scooter skirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in Istanbul for a few days last week and noticed a lot of scooters and motorcycles fitted with a sort of skirt thing, with wrap-around leg covers and a sort of bib to provide the rider with some cold and weather protection.

Not so necessary in Taiwan (where I'm living and will return next week) but it does sometimes get a bit chilly, and is wet in season.

Didn't have time to investigate in Istanbul but Halfords here in the UK has them for scooters. The staff I talked to didn't know if the same kit would fit a motorcycle.

Any experience or opinions? Specifically, is the scooter kit likely to be usable on a motorcycle, since I don't currently have a scooter in Taiwan?

Last edited:
http://scooterskirts.com/

Not only functional, they're eye catching as well!
wink.gif

Harley owners call them chaps and make them out of leather and old chaincase oil - so I've heard. Available down your local YMCA....probably.
smile.gif

Don't think we're talking about the same thing. The ones I saw in Istanbul were fitted to the machine rather than "worn", and most of them were on 125-150cc Honda clone motorcycles of the type common in Taiwan.

These may have been a different design to the scooter ones, though, and both of them may not be the same as the scooter type I've seen for sale in the UK, so I suppose I should probably give it a miss unless I can see one in use on a motorcycle here in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back